Humble Bundle Hires Full-Time Linux Game Porter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good

I hope this means better quality linux ports. The linux "port" of Psychonauts was especially disappointing for me: Lots of slowdows and missing effects. Didn't bother playing past the first level. Even now the best way to enjoy Psychonauts on linux is, unfortunately, to install the windows version through wine.

Comment

Got to hope this improves things... I found it quite a pain to get the Humble games working on Linux... Especially on Gentoo

I am involved in Wine community but like everyone here I will acknowledge it is really best left for games that can never be ported to Linux now (e.g. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series)... For instance I tried Limbo but the Wine wrapper failed for me... It's a bit hit or miss...

Hopefully the upcoming Steam release might help things along a bit as well...

Comment

Originally posted by bobwya View Post
        I am involved in Wine community but like everyone here I will acknowledge it is really best left for games that can never be ported to Linux now (e.g. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series)...
        Wine community? This is still Windows community, because you support producers applications for Windows instead producers applications for Linux.

Comment

Working...
        X