X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackout23
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    There are definitely Fedora and Arch users participating, likely among others.
    I highly doubt that anyone who selected "Other" as their distro got picked. If anything they said they'd test it on Ubunutu (like I did) but use something different.

As for Bug reports I'd wait until Valve says they need more input. If they wanted bug reports from non beta participated they would not have limited the beta to 1000 people and created a hidden forum for them where they can work together in a controlled manner. Let Valve execute their plan.
    No one has a clue if people who tricked their distro into running steam have really all necessary dependencies with the right version. That's not a controlled enviroment where you can easily find and fix bugs.
    Last edited by blackout23; 11-10-2012, 10:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kamikaze
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    Interesting. What's your source? Are you in the beta?
    Do you know if Valve are accepting official bug reports from non Ubuntu distro users?

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    Originally posted by Kamikaze View Post
    So.. did anyone get an actual invite into the Steam Linux beta? I'm curious to know if any non-Ubuntu users were invited.

Leave a comment:

• Kamikaze
    replied
    So.. did anyone get an actual invite into the Steam Linux beta? I'm curious to know if any non-Ubuntu users were invited.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Larian View Post
    Rhetorical question - yes you did. We've got logs. Saying "I use {insert your favorite flavor of Linux here} and a piece of closed beta software wasn't packaged for me" gets me going because it's stupid. Would you be complaining if they said "we're building Steam on Arch first, and then we'll spread out to some of the more popular distros"? Also, I suggest you check your AUR repositories because I've read that someone has already deconstructed the *.deb and repackaged it for Arch. And it works. The god damned thing works.
    If it is just a matter of packaging then there should be no good reason to make it distro specific at all in the first place. If they wanted to make individual packages for the distros that is fine as well but it is not hard at all for them to for many platforms at once. Hell there are even live distros that will setup a multipackage multi distro multi version automated package build if they really wanted to have specific packages. Then there is the option of even doing a generic installer like sooooo many other binary distributed software packages out there do. Loki did it, ID did it, Epic did it, Ryan G can do it, Nvidia can do it, ATI can do it, VMware can do it etc etc etc. There is absolutely no reason for them to single out one distribution. The LSB is there for a reason..... use the damn thing.

Leave a comment:

• Ponzy
    replied
    Hi, this is my lil' feedback for a non-elected Quantal user, just a few hours ago

World of Goo demo OK: easy to add
    Amnesia demo OK: some libs required

any other game known to work with the marginal beta testers?

Leave a comment:

• richi902
    replied
    you just need to own them on steam.
    i can play trine 2 too.

Leave a comment:

• ThOR27
    replied
    I've posted here http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410...5239722194376/ but their community, at least here, are really slow, and sometimes I can't see any post there...

It's just a simple package (it just 2 files long :P) that add at your login screen the option to play STEAM Big Picture without any DE!

https://github.com/thor27/steam-login/

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
    Amnesia works great

Only other ones I've personally tried are Uplink and yes, World of Goo

However there is a list, as seen in this G+ post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10276686...ts/XbkZNofAjXp

So there's others there that work like Trine 2, Dungeons of Dredmore etc.

Are you in the Beta ? If not, how did you mannaged to play Amenesia and Trine 2 ?

I only mannaged search for linux games in the store, and installed the World of Goo Demo and it's working flawless

Unity of Command: Stalingrad Compagian fails to to install any files at all (gonna test the staandalone Beta/Demo/whatever from the game devs to see what happens)....

If i try to do same with Amenesia or Trine 2 demos , it says that it's not for my plantform

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
    Amnesia works great

Only other ones I've personally tried are Uplink and yes, World of Goo

However there is a list, as seen in this G+ post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/10276686...ts/XbkZNofAjXp

So there's others there that work like Trine 2, Dungeons of Dredmore etc.

Are you in the Beta ? If not, how did you mannaged to play Amenesia and Trine 2 ?

I only mannaged search for linux games in the store, and installed the World of Goo Demo and it's working flawless

Unity of Command: Stalingrad Compagian fails to to install any files at all (gonna test the staandalone Beta/Demo/whatever from the game devs to see what happens)....

If i try to do same with Amenesia or Trine 2 demos , it says that it's not for my plantform

Leave a comment:

Working...
X