Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    I thought this article was supposed to have a comparison with the Nvidia...

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    FYI. Working on an image quality comparison between NVIDIA and ATI in ET: Quake Wars.

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    You can set up AA/AF options in the AMD Catalyst Control Center for some months now, but I've heard it is disabled in 8.41 because there's no AA in this driver (that can be seen in this article). But basicly, it is there.
    Now that's what I call progress!! Even though it may be broken in the 8.41 drivers for R600 hardware, it does mean that there has been much progress about how does ATI/AMD address this particular issue. I remember back in the early 8.x driver days when you had to setup AA (and only AA, there was no option for AF, that I knew of, anyway) by means of aticonfig or manually hacking up xorg.conf, which also meant universally enabled AA (maybe not what you'd like, etc). Indeed AMD is giving me a good number of rather nice surprises.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    does the fglrx driver/panel now features a tool for setting up and controlling AA/AF under Linux?
    You can set up AA/AF options in the AMD Catalyst Control Center for some months now, but I've heard it is disabled in 8.41 because there's no AA in this driver (that can be seen in this article). But basicly, it is there.

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Interesting article... I hope once the game is released, you could perform an IQ comparison between G80 and HD2000 hardware, even though beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. IQ appreciation is much subjective, and screenshots may not do due justice...

Speaking of AA/AF, and since I'be been off the hook of ATI hardware and particularly under Linux, does the fglrx driver/panel now features a tool for setting up and controlling AA/AF under Linux? Or do you still have to hack up xorg.conf to force enable it?

Leave a comment:

• Regenwald
    replied
    too bad

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Regenwald View Post
    again, great article. i haven't played any game for nearly 2 years now (no time and i prefered "playing" linux ). but when i see several games, i just get fun to play such a game.
    btw i was at the torrent/tracker-server from id. michael, you said that only several persons are allowed to play the etqw-demo. but what's this? http://zerowing.idsoftware.com:6969/

looks like a ("official")demo?? http://zerowing.idsoftware.com:6969/...18712b493e8b0a
    (800mb)
    am i right? is this the demo?

bye joni
    The file uses GPG so only users with a key embedded in there can actually use the file. It's a Linux beta, but will do other people no good.

Leave a comment:

• Regenwald
    replied
    again, great article. i haven't played any game for nearly 2 years now (no time and i prefered "playing" linux ). but when i see several games, i just get fun to play such a game.
    btw i was at the torrent/tracker-server from id. michael, you said that only several persons are allowed to play the etqw-demo. but what's this? http://zerowing.idsoftware.com:6969/

looks like a ("official")demo?? http://zerowing.idsoftware.com:6969/...18712b493e8b0a
    (800mb)
    am i right? is this the demo?

bye joni

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Kano, ET: QW offers "High" settings only, but you set the shaders to "Ultra". I guess Michael did that.
    Correct, that's how it was setup.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Kano, ET: QW offers "High" settings only, but you set the shaders to "Ultra". I guess Michael did that. That can be seen in the Windows client and it should be the same with the Retail of ET: QW.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    A highend gfx card without AA/AF is very curious. That leads to higher framerates but does not allow correct benchmarking. Some ingame settings are ignored for Linux games, especially AA/AF needs to be checked (or better forced) when you compare Win+Linux. Please check ingame settings for the benchmarks you did and if these are really enabled. Such a card would be usually used for Ultra settings, not only High.
    AA/AF is disabled in the driver for the 8.41 series on R600 components. The support will probably be in 8.42. As id Software does not permit benchmarking beta software, we haven't published any 2900XT ET:QW benchmarks yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X