Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kano
    replied
    A highend gfx card without AA/AF is very curious. That leads to higher framerates but does not allow correct benchmarking. Some ingame settings are ignored for Linux games, especially AA/AF needs to be checked (or better forced) when you compare Win+Linux. Please check ingame settings for the benchmarks you did and if these are really enabled. Such a card would be usually used for Ultra settings, not only High.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    I've already heard rumours that the image quality has improved and looks stunning with the new fglrx 8.41 driver. This really is an amazing time for AMD, because on monday they're presenting AMDs Barcelona as well.

Oh, and a nice system you have there, Michael! Could you be so kind and give me some of your 8 CPU cores? I am sure you're having a lot of fun playing ET: QW.

Unreal Tournament 3 will look even better and the U3 Engine is one of the most optimized engines that I have seen (have a look at Bioshock - stunning technology and great performance).

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Radeon HD 2900XT Linux Game-Play

Radeon HD 2900XT Linux Game-Play

Phoronix: Radeon HD 2900XT Linux Game-Play

All week we have talked about the performance of the 8.41 display driver and the performance on various ATI graphics cards from the R300 series to the latest R600 graphics card. In some of these articles, we have briefly commented on the image quality, but in this article we will be looking exclusively at the image quality while gaming with the ATI Radeon HD 2900XT 512MB under Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X