X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAFU
    replied
    Originally posted by Larian View Post
    For all the non-native English speakers: Charlie's post was obviously satire.
    Oh, sorry about that. It happens that this kind of comments can be read in forums from users who believe that.
    When you are satirical is convenient to put some smiley at the end of your comment.

Leave a comment:

• AJSB
    replied
    Originally posted by YAFU View Post
    WTF!
    If you are so superior why not take Debian binaries and you manage to make them work in Slack or Arch?
    Come on, if you're a genius should be able to do that.
    Indeed, that shouldn't be that a big problem....the issue here is if they accept him or me because we intend to use Slackware instead of UBUNTU....of course that i could have lied with all my kinda big canine teeth but i preferred to be honest...

Leave a comment:

• Larian
    replied
    Originally posted by YAFU View Post
    WTF!
    If you are so superior why not take Debian binaries and you manage to make them work in Slack or Arch?
    For all the non-native English speakers: Charlie's post was obviously satire.

For all the really stupid native English speakers: Charlie's post was obviously satire.

Leave a comment:

• Sverro2
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Exactly. Something good comes to Linux and people have nothing better do to than to be butthurt crybabys whining about a stupid survey.
    *mimimimimi* I have multiple systems! *mimimi* Where is Slackware? *mimimimimi* I'm a distro developer and therfore more important *mimimi* What about hybrid graphics *mimimi* I have SLI let me specify this *mimimimi* Years of use is not a good measurement of how much of an expert you are *mimimimi*

For fucks sake...
    Yup, totally agree.

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    Originally posted by charlie View Post
    I am offended that you did not include Slackware in the list of distrobutions. Those Ubuntu/Debian people are not real Linux users. They can't trouble shoot and are in fact windows users in disguise. Acknowledge our mental superiority and add Slackware to the list and give us the preferential treatment we deserve.
    WTF!

Leave a comment:

• nightmarex
    replied
    Originally posted by tomato View Post
    Really bad survey.

I can understand that they want only ubuntu users for now (looking at the driver choices), but they specifically tell that they want the test to be performed on different hardware. How am I supposed to know which one of the 4 machines I have (and can easily dual boot to Ubuntu just for Steam testing) are least common?! What has my day-to-day choice of DE to Steam gaming? Isn't the whole point of testing to do it on at least few DEs or raw window managers? Same with drivers, if I'm going to be testing, I'd test both the OSS and closed source drivers for the GPU...
    I feel pretty much the same for the most part. I have two capable gaming computers running arch and mint why not let me test them both? It should be a proper which distros are you currently using and FFS get some distros in the checklist.... "other"?

Okay I am not an employee but the way I feel the survey should be (at least from a technical perspective)...

Which distro(s) are you using?(This should just be for statistical purposes as it is largely irrelevant)
    Arch(64/32bit)>Multilib(Y/N)?
    CPU > cores@speed
    What graphics card(s) vendor are you using? >model>RAM
    which graphics driver(s) do you have installed
    Sound system(Alsa/OSS/Pulse...)
    Memory amount/type
    Package manager
    DE>WM
    Compositor (If applicable)
    Experience level
    *Game ownership they can pull off your account (For client viability sake)

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Originally posted by boast View Post
    I recommend that you guys don't fill out the survey. Especially the mentally ill necro-lover. Do us all a favor and don't get anywhere near Steam and its games.

That way there's more of a chance for us non-whiners to get selected.
    Exactly. Something good comes to Linux and people have nothing better do to than to be butthurt crybabys whining about a stupid survey.
    *mimimimimi* I have multiple systems! *mimimi* Where is Slackware? *mimimimimi* I'm a distro developer and therfore more important *mimimi* What about hybrid graphics *mimimi* I have SLI let me specify this *mimimimi* Years of use is not a good measurement of how much of an expert you are *mimimimi*

For fucks sake...
    Last edited by blackout23; 27 October 2012, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boast
    replied
    I recommend that you guys don't fill out the survey. Especially the mentally ill necro-lover. Do us all a favor and don't get anywhere near Steam and its games.

That way there's more of a chance for us non-whiners to get selected.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by jophos View Post
    I had the exact same problem with chromium. I clicked the login button and then I was immediately thanked for submitting the survey, even though I hadn't been presented with any options.

If I try to repeat the survey I get the message: "You have already completed the survey. Thanks!".

Rather frustrating.
    Can't you just create another Steam account for the beta (as a workaround)?
    Of course you still need a setup which works...
    Last edited by entropy; 27 October 2012, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• allram
    replied
    I had no problem, I used ubuntu 12.10 and Firefox 16.0.2.
    For those who had problem, it could be the cookies settings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X