Apply To Be Part Of The Valve Linux Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Valve

I am offended that you did not include Slackware in the list of distrobutions. Those Ubuntu/Debian people are not real Linux users. They can't trouble shoot and are in fact windows users in disguise. Acknowledge our mental superiority and add Slackware to the list and give us the preferential treatment we deserve.

Comment

Well Kanotix was not selectable as well, but i used Debian then... Really bad that they did not add the best distro out there in the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Well Kanotix was not selectable as well, but i used Debian then... Really bad that they did not add the best distro out there in the list.
        Yeah - completely agree, they really should add Arch to the list!

Comment

Disappointed with some of the options not being multiple checkboxes and multiple choices: I use both KDE and Unity, and have at least 4 different machines that can run (currently with wine) Source games.

Well, good luck to everyone, and hoping we'll all have access soon

Comment

neat

I am really excited to see where Steam ends up. Amazon devices?

Comment

Done
              Thanks for the info.

Comment

"in order to take the survey, you need to first login with your Steam account to link your response with your Steam ID."

What a joke real hardcore Linux users do not have a steam ID.

They really only want some WINDOWS freaks who like to use Linux in the FUTURE.

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                  "in order to take the survey, you need to first login with your Steam account to link your response with your Steam ID."

What a joke real hardcore Linux users do not have a steam ID.

They really only want some WINDOWS freaks who like to use Linux in the FUTURE.
                  Of course they're not looking for hardcore linux users as hardcore linux users wouldn't want to be anywhere near Valve's DRM or Valve's proprietary software anyway.

A lot of Linux users have Steam IDs because they're currently running Steam in wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
                    Of course they're not looking for hardcore linux users as hardcore linux users wouldn't want to be anywhere near Valve's DRM or Valve's proprietary software anyway.

A lot of Linux users have Steam IDs because they're currently running Steam in wine.
                    o come one... I'm a hardcore Linux user but i would join the steam beta...

so they only want wine users who use steam in wine???

that?s more than stupid for a native Clint.

but one is sure if valve really goes this way I really give a shit about them.

Valve go fuck yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by necro-lover View Post
                      so they only want wine users who use steam in wine???
                      You didn't understand this point

Running any games through Wine needs tweakings and modifications, which needs little bit of Linux and Window$ tech knowledge.

Valve is looking for people who can do so if there is any bug or glitch in their native Client or Game.

Comment

Working...
                      X