• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Doom 3 BFG Approved For GPL/Open-Source

Doom 3 BFG Approved For GPL/Open-Source

Phoronix: Doom 3 BFG Approved For GPL/Open-Source

id Software released "Doom 3 BFG Edition" this week, a revised version of the Doom 3 game that came eight years after the original release of Doom 3. The engine source-code for Doom 3 BFG, which is still a modified id Tech 4 engine, is already approved for open-sourcing...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTIxMDc

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by frign View Post
    But how is he then able to give intelligent answers?
    Copy & paste bot.

Compare his post to this one.

But I can't tell how good they are in choosing stuff which is not completely off.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Because it's copy-paste from another thread.

Leave a comment:

• frign
    replied
    Originally posted by entropy View Post
    Dewitt501 is a spambot.

As a rule of thumb:
    If the name contains numbers and broken images it's most probably a spambot.
    But how is he then able to give intelligent answers?

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Joensen
    replied
    They have stated repeatedly that is using a heavily modified version of id Tech 4 and there is no reason to believe there has been any change. Currently the game is on hold. If they decide start development back up, they might revisit that decision but until then what I said stands.

Leave a comment:

• motorsep
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
    That is simply not the case.
    And you happened to work at Human Head to confirm that?

Google only shows that statement of 2011.. We are almost in 2013, so, things might have changed. Unless you work at Human Head of course.

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Joensen
    replied
    Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    That's what I wrote: "Prey 2 began its life as idTech 4 game.." Did you miss that?
    I saw that but I was responding to this bit:

but afaik they will be using idTech 5, or so rumor has it.
    That is simply not the case.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by frign View Post
    It does. It might not have been researched that well, but looking at another area, things become very obvious: When a web-page takes 1 second longer to load than average, over 20% of visitors jump off it and access another site.
    Same applies to slow apps: If they start slow, more users will switch to other, comparable apps.
    Dewitt501 is a spambot.

As a rule of thumb:
    If the name contains numbers and broken images it's most probably a spambot.

Leave a comment:

• frign
    replied
    Originally posted by Dewitt501 View Post
    Uh huh. That extra second you spend launching the app obviously matters so much.
    It does. It might not have been researched that well, but looking at another area, things become very obvious: When a web-page takes 1 second longer to load than average, over 20% of visitors jump off it and access another site.
    Same applies to slow apps: If they start slow, more users will switch to other, comparable apps.

Leave a comment:

• Dewitt501
    replied
    Uh huh. That extra second you spend launching the app obviously matters so much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X