X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legluondunet
    replied
    Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
    If Unity is "just" a Compiz Plugin there's no way to do this, cause when you disable Compiz Unity is gone too. So the only option woud be to recommend them switch their DEs if they want a better gaming expirience.
    Until Canonical and Steam are working on this, this command line is your friend:

metacity --replace&

and the game have full access to your compuetr ressources.

Leave a comment:

• ayandon
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    Mid october is only 14 days too.
    Valve Time !!

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    ?Could an archive or SRU admin accept nvidia-common and jockey from the upload queue?

These are needed for the Valve Steam release that happens in a few days.?

Mid october is only 14 days too.

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    Steam for Linux to Arrive ‘In a Few Days

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/10/s...-in-a-few-days

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by legluondunet View Post
    When I launch Skyrim or AION on unity, it's unplayable: too low framerate. I need to open a metacity session to play this games at full speed. How Valve will manage this problem?
    They'll tell you to run windows, the only supported platform for those games.

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    GOG provides games without drm too.
    And on that note...

Leave a comment:

• Thaodan
    replied
    I think Unity need a feature to disable himself before starting a 3D game, like the one you describe for KDE. When I launch Skyrim or AION on unity, it's unplayable: too low framerate. I need to open a metacity session to play this games at full speed. How Valve will manage this problem? i hope they will work with canonical on a solution.
    If Unity is "just" a Compiz Plugin there's no way to do this, cause when you disable Compiz Unity is gone too. So the only option woud be to recommend them switch their DEs if they want a better gaming expirience.

Leave a comment:

• legluondunet
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post

GOG provides games without drm too.

Leave a comment:

• legluondunet
    replied
    Originally posted by ElderSnake View Post
    Great thing with KDE though, when I want to disable effects for a game (not very often but sometimes I do, depending on the game. some just dont like compositing) I just press Shift-Alt-F12.

Ta-da. It's an inbuilt shortcut in KDE to suspend effects and when I'm done I just press it again to reactivate compositing. Works great and makes my life easier. Unfortunately you can't suspend compositing in Unity because Unity itself is basically a Compiz plugin. So.. you'd suspend the whole desktop .

But if you can play the game fullscreen and have Compiz undirect fullscreen windows you should be okay.
    I think Unity need a feature to disable himself before starting a 3D game, like the one you describe for KDE. When I launch Skyrim or AION on unity, it's unplayable: too low framerate. I need to open a metacity session to play this games at full speed. How Valve will manage this problem? i hope they will work with canonical on a solution.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
    Pratically no publivher would allow the removal of the DRM, though solutions might be made for active titles.
    Humble Indie Bundle?
    Desura?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X