Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curaga
    replied
    Haha, I love how a report on how Torchlight was ported badly (not built to require an older libc, exactly to run on more distro releases) turned into dissing Debian.

Leave a comment:

• ciplogic
    replied
    Originally posted by narciso View Post
    Which is a no no regarding performance vs windows. Just like Bastion game.
    Without wanting I think you're right: Just like Bastion game means that you should use good video drivers to run right (see here for details). Please wait that your upstream drivers get better. Or if you want to play it today and to run fast, buy an Ivy Bridge CPU and use it to play the game.
    Unity games look cool and I'm really glad that Humble Bundle include high quality games!

Leave a comment:

• Ansla
    replied
    I didn't say Debian is not fit for desktop, I said Debian stable, care to argue that the "stable" branch is fit for desktop?
    Last edited by Ansla; 20 September 2012, 07:50 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Sidicas
    replied
    Originally posted by Ansla View Post
    Debian stable is not fit at all for a desktop computer. If you're not too rusty yet you could try to get used to Gentoo, the stable branch is rock solid and it's also pretty up to date. For example glibc is at version 2.15.
    Debian not fit for a desktop computer?

I've been using Debian for over 10 years now, I've used it on all my home PCs, I've used it on my servers, I've used it on my HP Touchpad Tablet (PreWare chroot), and I've used it on my netbook.. Not once did I ever think any other distro would have been better.

Don't make flamebait.

Leave a comment:

• Ansla
    replied
    Originally posted by cliff View Post
    I have Glib 2.11 need Glib 2.12 Damn!! Last time I stayed up until 3:00Am trying to compile a newer version of Glib from source I hosed up my computer and had to do a clean install. Why oh why didn't I learn Linux when my brain was still working better. Instead I grew fat, lazy and old, lulled to sleep by the Satanic Eugenics supporting windowz.
    Debian stable is not fit at all for a desktop computer. If you're not too rusty yet you could try to get used to Gentoo, the stable branch is rock solid and it's also pretty up to date. For example glibc is at version 2.15.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Anyone got Rochard to work with r600g (Radeon HD 4850, Mesa 8.0.x)?

I just happen to end up with a black window and no warning or error message.

(Edit: The 64-bit version.)
    Last edited by entropy; 20 September 2012, 05:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeeK
    replied
    Originally posted by cliff View Post
    I have Glib 2.11 need Glib 2.12 Damn!! Last time I stayed up until 3:00Am trying to compile a newer version of Glib from source I hosed up my computer and had to do a clean install. Why oh why didn't I learn Linux when my brain was still working better. Instead I grew fat, lazy and old, lulled to sleep by the Satanic Eugenics supporting windowz.
    Huh? Your subject line says you are running Debian Stable, yet the version of glib in Debian stable is 2.24 (http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/libglib2.0-0). May I suggest that you're no longer running Debian Stable any more, and may need to do a dist-upgrade?

EDIT: Whoops, my mistake. You're referring to the glibc version, which is version 2.11 in Debian stable. Well, you can always use apt pinning and install the libc6 packages from testing.
    Last edited by DeeK; 20 September 2012, 04:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    You can always use a version of Linux where these things are done for you and you just... use it, instead of fixing and upgrading it all the time for modern tech.

Leave a comment:

• cliff
    replied
    Torchlite failed to install in Debian stable

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by directhex View Post
    Me, I just want to make sure every hard-line anti-Mono fanatic is fully aware that Unity3D is closed off to them on their moral grounds.
    Because opinions can never change.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X