Humble Indie Bundle 6 Brings In New Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q:
    Help! My Torchlight character's face is missing!
    A:
    This is a known issue with Torchlight on Linux that should hopefully be patched out soon. Once the issue is solved, the updated version of your game will be made available on your download page.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidicas View Post
      Spaz: Menus are smooth as silk on a 6+ year old ATI Mobility X700 with the Radeon r300g (Gallium) open source drivers.. Pentium M 2.0 Ghz (single core). Kick ass...
      Rest of the game is barely playable though.. I guess I need to turn down the graphics a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
        The "most important component" is the game itself, which is definitely written in either C#, Boo, or JavaScript, on Mono of course (JavaScript being the most popular).
        But game logic (which is running on Mono) usually doesn't account for more than 10% of the frame time. The rest is taken by C++ engine (rendering, physics, audio, ...), GL driver, etc.

A large part of Unity is also written in C#/Mono, btw. Mono forms the core object system for the engine and is used extensively in their editor, UI system, and more.
        No and no. Very little of actual Unity engine is written in C#/Mono (the immediate mode UnityGUI being pretty much the only exception - not sure if Rochard actually uses it though - my guess it doesn't). Mono does not form the "core object system" (whatever that might be).

Comment

Dropped $20.00 just because of the Torchlight port. Very excited about it. I've played it a little in wine and it's pretty entertaining and it's a niche sorely lacking in linux currently.

Comment

Oh Humble Bundle ... you've done it again. It's not as if I don't have enough games on my pile of shame. Oh well, my entertainment is assured for the next 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeK View Post
              Oh Humble Bundle ... you've done it again. It's not as if I don't have enough games on my pile of shame. Oh well, my entertainment is assured for the next 3 years.
              lol tell me about it.

Read the FAQ the yesterday and didn't see the torchlight face one but glad the issue is being resolved, soon hopefully.

Comment

Glitches/Crashes

I don't mind supporting indie developers but it's getting a bit insane. I recently got the HB6 for torchlight and I can't enter level 4 mines without the game crashing. I had similar issues with Psychonauts (Which still has graphical issues) and I had to to tweaks to get Bastion to even run properly. I just wish to have a fresh install work without having to go through additional tweaks/hacks to get it "partially" running.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                  I was actually wanted to try TorchLight so this is great!

I am actually amazed to see a Linux version of this, since it's from the Blizzard North guys... but hey that's awesome!
                  Thought similar things too since from the reponses of the forum moderator locked all threats where people asked for linux versions.
                  I hope they port torchtlight 2 too.

Comment

Are you running Rochard with vsync? Because with vsync the game doesn't run very good, which could mean a vsync issue with nvidia drivers, or the game not running at 60fps, and dropping to 30 fps.

There's the same issue with Bastion, the game can't maintain 60 fps with vsync on.

I enabled triple buffer in the drivers which made the game to run more smooth.

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                    Rochard - runs super good. can alt+tab, switch workspaces in fullscreen mode, pressing esc key to bring up menu ugrabs mouse so i can use my second monitor etc. this is how all games should be.. Unity engine seems nice.
                    Shatter - works fine but just not my type of game.
                    SPAZ - installs fine. 2 Fps in the menus. havent even tryed to lag beyond menu with that framerate.
                    Dustforce - works fine without issues
                    Torchlight - haven't tryed the native version yet, completed the game via wine without issues and TL2 preload is also waiting for release date.
                    Vessel - waiting for packages.

System Specs:
                    Processor:AMD Phenom II X4 955 , ~3.4GHz
                    Memory:8 GB DDR3 (1333Mhz)
                    Video Card:Asus Geforce 560 Ti 1GB Direct CU
                    Sound Card:Realtek ALC889
                    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
                    Operating System:Linux Mint 13 Maya 64bit
                    Kernel: 3.5.3
                    Filesystem: ext4
                    Nvidia drivers: 304.43
                    Desktop Environment: MATE

Comment

Cool, I got Torchlight (windows) at home and played it in wine, was always buggy for me
                      Going to get the Humble Bundle later

Comment

Working...
                      X