Humble Indie Bundle 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Indie Bundle 6

The Humble Indie Bundle 6 has launched and as usual all the games have Linux versions. But what is unusual about this one is that it is Linux debut of ALL the games in the bundle. Go check out the bundle here. I wonder if anyone here has tried the Linux versions and has word on the quality of the ports?

Wow! Torchlight!

Comment

All launched fine for me on Ubuntu, all seem to render and play fine.

Some info:
      All are Native
      3 ports by Endmund Rudd (Shatter, Dustforce, Torchlight)
      1 port by icculus (SPAZ)
      1 port by flibitijibibo (Vessel)
      1 Unity game (Rochard)

Comment

All games except Rochard run at top performance.

Rochard uses Mono just like Bastion so it's a bad port that can't even maintain 60fps on a gtx680.

Torchlight runs like a charm, but I had to disable xfce compositor to avoid vsync tearing. I think this is related to sdl2.0 which the game use, and xfwm4 compositor won't unredirect the fullcreen window because it only works with sdl 1.2. Trine 2 which use sdl 1.3 have the same issue.

Vessel isn't out yet, so no linux test.

Overall , great ports.

Comment

Originally posted by narciso View Post
          Rochard uses Mono just like Bastion so it's a bad port that can't even maintain 60fps on a gtx680.
          Odd, I get 60 FPS no problem on a 460.

Comment

Well Torchlight has had a new build which now finally makes it actually playable for me

Liam of www.gamingonlinux.com and www.linux4today.com

Comment

but they seem to forget about the ubuntu software center, there is still only the release version.....

Comment

I still see faceless characters...

Comment

Originally posted by richi902 View Post
                  but they seem to forget about the ubuntu software center, there is still only the release version.....
                  Those packages seem to be done by Ubuntu themselves(or someone from the HIB, hard to say). But neither Runic nor Edmund creates the .deb for the USC.

Comment

yeah, i think it's done by the humble guys. i mean it's cool they provide ubuntu software center downloads, but as long as they will keep it up to date, i'm fine, cause it'd like to play it :P.
                    'cause right now, it's not that much fun, no fullscreen, and it could crash any minute. i was really disapointed when i bought it, and found that out.
                    Last edited by richi902; 21 September 2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X