X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psycho_driver
    replied
    Originally posted by dimko View Post
    Don't expect SLI to give any serious performance boost. my experience shows, decrease in performance actually.
    SLI has to be supported by the game itself.(and i am talking about Linux version)
    And I am sure as hell you will get it ruining on reasonable FPS.
    I got 470, in wine game was working quite wel, but at some stage FPS dropped for second or two to like a few FPS, so not really usable. also over clock on those cards is not possible, at least for 470 seria for sure.
    Well, I got them on the cheap from someone upgrading their SLI setup, but they're actually going in two different computers. Maybe sales x2 for Valve once it launches, depending on a few variables.

Leave a comment:

• Paradox Ethereal
    replied
    Latency benchmarks

Start benchmarking latency also, Michael. Artificial figures without vsync, and a non-low-latency enabled kernel means nothing. Everyone can compare enabling/disabling low-latency features, and see that without it, actual performance is poor.

Peace Be With You.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    when

Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post
    When is this guy going to stop with the obnoxious self-congratulatory bullshit?
    assholes like you will stop posting here and reading his articles? If you don't like it - you are free not to read pages from this site.

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    similar setup

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
    Good timing if true, considering I have 2 new-to-me gtx 460's arriving today, 2 new 750w psu's, and a new 32" monitor I'll be using while transitioning my current tiny 27" to my wife's (ubuntu) pc. I'm pretty confident I can get whatever they release working on my gentoo box
    Don't expect SLI to give any serious performance boost. my experience shows, decrease in performance actually.
    SLI has to be supported by the game itself.(and i am talking about Linux version)
    And I am sure as hell you will get it ruining on reasonable FPS.
    I got 470, in wine game was working quite wel, but at some stage FPS dropped for second or two to like a few FPS, so not really usable. also over clock on those cards is not possible, at least for 470 seria for sure.
    Last edited by dimko; 06 September 2012, 10:24 AM. Reason: mispell

Leave a comment:

• dimko
    replied
    And you remind me

Originally posted by susikala View Post
    You remind me of a dog who licks its own ...
    to tell you go and fsck.ext3 yourself. Got nothing good to say? Don't say it.

Leave a comment:

• psycho_driver
    replied
    Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post
    Never. Deal with it, stop reading, or start your own linux news site and try to be less obnoxious.

Leave a comment:

• psycho_driver
    replied
    Good timing if true, considering I have 2 new-to-me gtx 460's arriving today, 2 new 750w psu's, and a new 32" monitor I'll be using while transitioning my current tiny 27" to my wife's (ubuntu) pc. I'm pretty confident I can get whatever they release working on my gentoo box

Leave a comment:

• rustybroomhandle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    The end is neigh!

Leave a comment:

• ruinairas
    replied
    More evidence.

another source popped up here http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/16549

Leave a comment:

Working...
X