Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel Storm 2 Caught In A Blizzard

Phoronix: Steel Storm 2 Caught In A Blizzard

A new milestone has been reached with the forthcoming Steel Storm 2 title from Kot-In-Action...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

He has changed to idtech4. From http://steelstorm2.tumblr.com/

Originally posted by motorsep
    moving to idTech 4 GPL progress

Finally, I got Steel Storm 2 base code running using idTech 4 GPL (Doom 3 engine) !

Someone asked for third person view and I am not sure we will allow that in FPS mode. I personally don?t like TPS view in FPS games. Also level design for TPS games is quite differ from level design for FPS games. We will try adding TPS cam to the vehicles, but can?t promise that either (although that?s a possibility).

Comment

That blizzard is looking pretty good.

Comment

I'm glad that someone is doing a singleplayer fps for linux.

Comment

Did that really deserve a news? A tiny terrain with an untextured cube in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
            Did that really deserve a news? A tiny terrain with an untextured cube in the middle?
            As opposed to what exactly? More articles pimping Valve with very little new content?

At least there is something new here.

Comment

Nice tranquil snow storm.

Comment

And here I was thinking that all these secret "some blizzard is coming to Linux"
                shenanigans by Michael had actually something to do with the company Blizzard...

Comment

I would add some more colors and maybe a moon. All looks gray in gray, not really interesting if you are not color blind. Has a bit from night vision view.

Comment

Working...
                  X