LGP Begins Pushing Their Outdated Crap In Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colo View Post
    What a terrible excuse for an "article", even by this site's already terribly low standards. You should feel ashamed for that headline.
    [++]

Yes, he should.

Instead, he is probably very proud of the additional forum traffic he "managed" to generate...

Comment

Originally posted by colo View Post
      What a terrible excuse for an "article", even by this site's already terribly low standards. You should feel ashamed for that headline.
      +1

There might still be people, who are happy about having that game in the store.

Comment

I remember, back in the day, when LGP first got started. It was the year of the Linux desktop IIRC. A time when you could just rock up to any game developer, big or small, propose to them your idea of porting their title to Linux and they were all like "sweet, make it happen."
        This is why, thanks to them, that we have all these wonderful AAA titles nowadays.

Comment

in 2013 they will be releasing the hugely popular hit prince of persia

Comment

Originally posted by storma View Post
            It was the year of the Linux desktop IIRC.
            It was for sure. Every year is "the year of the Linux desktop".

Comment

I can't help but wonder how they keep the lights on. How much revenue can these old titles generate, more so if we consider that their Windows versions are way past the bargain bin?

Comment

Actually it's a decent rpg and lots of people can have lots of fun playing it. But I guess this isn't a Valve's game now, is it? This article's attitude and title is utter crap. Good job!

Comment

I have criticized LGP in the past, but yeah, the title is full of shit. Just because it is not from the divine Valve does not mean the game is crap. Sacred actually looks quite interesting, and they actually now have it up for a decent price.

However, I do have two concerns. One, is it still bundled with LGP's DRM system, and two, will we be seeing it come to other distribution platforms (Gameolith, Desura, Steam, whatever)? There are thankfully plenty of Linux gamers who refuse to buy from the Ubuntu Software Centre as they do not want to support distro lock-in, and of course there are those of use who use other distros.

I am a little disappointed that the USC is the first venue they chose, but at least it is finally a step in the right direction from them.

Comment

The guy who wrote this article doesn't speak for the community.

Comment

I lol'd....

Comment

Working...
                      X