Canonical Recently Visited Valve To Talk About Ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
    No, those actually... weren't even like his words at all. I'm assuming he's talking about this interview.
    What are you talking about? Yes, I am referring to that GT.TV episode and in that episode he explains a bit that Valve develops ?10 foot UI? for Steam and that hardware vendors (which in this context are Smart TV manufacturers or set-top box manufacturers) can choose between Windows and Linux for their platform.
    Do you seriously suggest that he just accidentally forgot to mention that desktop Linux is seen as major area for growth? He only talks about Linux in the context of 10 foot UI and unless either the GT guys deleted all other Linux comments on purpose or Gabe is the most confused guy in the world and he simply forgot, the message is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      What are you talking about? Yes, I am referring to that GT.TV episode and in that episode he explains a bit that Valve develops ?10 foot UI? for Steam and that hardware vendors (which in this context are Smart TV manufacturers or set-top box manufacturers) can choose between Windows and Linux for their platform.
      Do you seriously suggest that he just accidentally forgot to mention that desktop Linux is seen as major area for growth? He only talks about Linux in the context of 10 foot UI and unless either the GT guys deleted all other Linux comments on purpose or Gabe is the most confused guy in the world and he simply forgot, the message is clear.
      That part of the interview was ABOUT HARDWARE VENDORS MAKING STEAMBOXES. By your logic we can see that obviously valve only made their windows client for the main purpose of letting hardware vendors make steamboxes with it.

Comment

[Youtube] SIGGRAPH 2012 OpenGL BoF. Valve starts 32:18

Comment

Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
          [Youtube] SIGGRAPH 2012 OpenGL BoF. Valve starts 32:18
          There was probably now way they could have moved the camera a bit to show the actual demo...

Comment

Working...
          X