Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unvanquished Still Looks Amazing For Open-Source

Phoronix: Unvanquished Still Looks Amazing For Open-Source

Unvanquished is still on track to become one of the most compelling and visually impressive multi-platform open-source games...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

one of the most compelling and visually impressive
    ...and still worse than 2004 commercial games (FarCry, HL2, Doom) or I'm blind.

Comment

Now compare the budgets of those games with this open-source game

Michael compared it to other FOSS games.

Comment

i thought xonotic/nexuiz were the most detailed open source games, unless they're not open source?

Comment

Xonotic looks 10 times better.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Michael compared it to other FOSS games.
            Only engine demo but...

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              Xonotic looks 10 times better.
              Xonotic is a pretty good one yes. This one looks promising, but the installer failed because apparently a few of the files it tried to fetch don't exist.

I'm real happy though that both have strived to make functional cross-distro binaries. That is, hopefully they included all the dependencies in the package...

Using Zero Install would have been nicer though so you could get launcher icons and easy updates...

Comment

Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
                Only engine demo but...
                Embedded youtube video? I have neither Flash nor HTML5 video. Screenshots instead would've been nice.

Comment

Embedded youtube video? I have neither Flash nor HTML5 video. Screenshots instead would've been nice.
                  what rock are you hiding under?

Comment

Curaga stop growing a neckbeard and install a proper webbrowser. Command line is not suitable for stuff like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X