Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberated Pixel Cup - Free Software Game Reviews

Phoronix: Liberated Pixel Cup - Free Software Game Reviews

The Liberated Pixel Cup has been going on since April as a free-as-in-freedom game development competition being hosted by the Free Software Foundation, Creative Commons, and OpenGameArt. For those more (or equally) interested in the license of the game rather than quality, here are some reviews of the different Liberated Pixel Cup submissions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thank you!

When I saw this article, I was completely speechless! (I still am).

Thanks for listing it. I am the author of those reviews, as well as the 'Unsealed: Whispers of Wisdom' game.

I've still got about 20 more games to cover, at about 2 games per day, I expect to be done before the month's end.

Thanks Michael / Phoronix!

Comment

Looks nice. Found out about a few interesting games from the reviews I would've never known about otherwise.

Comment

the competition has been pretty awesome.

tons and tons of good stuff. Maybe someday we'll have our very own oss rpg maker

Comment

I'm glad people are finding the reviews useful. Due to Phoronix' popularity, I decided to create this page: http://k3rnel.net/lpc-game-reviews/

I'd appreciate it if the Phoronix post links to this page instead. I'll be updating my reviews to point to it too. It's a lot easier to look at than the wild mess that is the category section of Wordpress

While these games aren't a proper "RPG Maker", they can easily serve as a base for an actual, fullfledged RPG in your language of choice. Some of these games are shells that need expanding, others are complete gems by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
            [...]Maybe someday we'll have our very own oss rpg maker
            there are alread oss applications which can be considered as oss rpg maker. At least this one: http://flarerpg.org/

Polymorphable is also a good game of this contest and based on the Flare engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
              there are alread oss applications which can be considered as oss rpg maker. At least this one: http://flarerpg.org/

Polymorphable is also a good game of this contest and based on the Flare engine.
              Laurelia's Polymorpha also happens to be the first game to be made using Flare's Ortographic Engine, as Flare was made to be used for Isometric tilesets.

I haven't yet reviewed that game (Since I'm kinda going in Alphabetic order, unless a game dev kindly asks me to review their game next), but It'll be reviewed this week. I think Polymorphable is one of the shiniest entries in the LPC.

Comment

Working...
              X