• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ofen View Post
    I hope they will port dota 2 to Linux too
    YES! I love Dota2!

Comment

CS: GO, DOTA 2 and TF2 are the most important titles on Steam and should be ported next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofen View Post
        I hope they will port dota 2 to Linux too
        that would be fucking awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by sepisoad View Post
          that would be fucking awesome!
          especialy since im playing in wine and am cpu limited, what a port woud solve

mind dota2 is still in beta

Comment

At what time (in the 21-minute video) does he say that Steam Linux Beta is coming "Fairly soon"? I think I must have somehow missed that part

Comment

"Steam Big Play" ? As in formerly known as Big Picture?

Steamworks is a set of tools and services that help game developers and publishers build their games and get the most out of distributing on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
                At what time (in the 21-minute video) does he say that Steam Linux Beta is coming "Fairly soon"? I think I must have somehow missed that part
                3:32

"Your message is to short....."

Comment

He actually said "fairly quickly", not soon.

In regards to Dota 2 port, that will only happend closer to its release date.

Comment

Beta

Valve putiting out betas is a great idea because big parts of the Linux community is very experienced in using alpha, beta, release candidates and bleeding edge software such as nightly builds.

Big parts of our Linux community is also used to report bugs, file good reports with relevant information included, and even use debuggers.

Comment

I googled steam linux beta and one of the results was from fileplanet ( http://www.fileplanet.com/126568/dow...Client-[Linux] ). When you go there it immediately gives you a gz archive with an executable in it called 'steam'. I ran it on ubuntu 11.10 via virtualbox. After running the executable I realised and then stopped the virtual machine from having access to the Internet. It didn't seem to do anything. Running it again so this time from start it didn't have any connection to the Internet it immediately told me

Code:
                      ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ ./steam
                      Failed to connect to any GeneralDirectoryServer
                      wtf is that?

Comment

Working...
                      X