Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Blizzard Be Bringing Their Games To Linux?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Will Blizzard Be Bringing Their Games To Linux?

Will Blizzard Be Bringing Their Games To Linux?

Phoronix: Will Blizzard Be Bringing Their Games To Linux?

It looks like Blizzard agrees with Valve: Microsoft Windows 8 is a wreck. But will Blizzard be bringing their games natively to Linux?..

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0ODE

• syzygy
    replied
    Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
    Who the hell actually LIKES Windows 8 for real anyways? I can understand Windows 7, although not perfect, is far more useful as a general O.S. This Windows 8 kludge is meant for tablets. M$ has been shown by thousands of its users and hundreds of their most vocal supporters on their development blog, that:

tablet != desktop.

Unfortunately they've failed to realize this fatal error and continued with this Metro crap, and this grave mistake will cost them dearly, mark my words. I've used Windows since 3.1, and Windows 8 is BY FAR WORSE than any other version ever released (including Vista and Millennium Edition)! And yes, I've tried them all, including the early alpha pre-releases all the way down to the latest release candidate (consumer preview or whatever they call it nowadays). For the first time in years I managed to BSOD my PC so bad that I had to reformat the entire SSD (while doing nothing unusual!). Failure is a word M$ will to have get used to unless they're willing to change for the better, like actually listening to what their biggest customers want.
    I actually like Windows 8 more than Windows 7. You can easily use Windows 8 as a desktop OS, resorting to the Metro interface (or whatever it's called now) as an application launcher. It's nice to have apps organized by common task into columns. Sometimes you get slapped by Metro style apps (barf), but it's noticeably faster than Windows 7. The most annoying thing, though, is that it only searches through apps and to get to files you need to tab.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Originally posted by Vadi View Post
    This confirms my idea that for a game to happen on Linux, the managerial types need to be interested in it...
    It's got to come down to $$$ of course. There really are no technical, philosophical or legal reasons not to support Linux. Just comes down to $$$.

Nice find btw. Another Windows 8 non-believer.

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    Taken from a guy who's involved in Planetside 2: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...eteran/c5ne3jf

What are some of the specific reasons and what should M$ be doing to improve PC Gaming instead of seemingly actively trying to destroy it. Are we going to see Planetside 2 Linux at some point if M$ doesn't get their act together?
    permalinkreportreply

[?]j_smedley[S] 22 points 3 hours ago
    I absolutely strongly share that view. No you aren't going to see PS2 on Linux. You will see it on Mac though.

permalinkparentreportreply
    [?]Zweihanders 4 points 3 hours ago
    at Launch or later on for Mac?

permalinkparentreportreply
    [?]j_smedley[S] 9 points 2 hours ago
    later to my great sadness. hopefully not too much later. I love my iMac and my Retina MBP
    This confirms my idea that for a game to happen on Linux, the managerial types need to be interested in it...

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    Someone else posted that Blizzard gathers Linux stats for things - I'm just doing a Valve hardware survey and the automated survey detected and will report this:

Operating System Version:
    Windows XP (32 bit)
    Wine version: wine-1.4.1-6859-g53d1c65

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    LOL!

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
    Let's see for his argument he has

While you have

Seems this point goes to KameZero
    (10 char limit)

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    Let's see for his argument he has

Originally posted by KameZero
    Logical comparison between the two arguments
    While you have

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Random insult without actually refuting anything
    Seems this point goes to KameZero

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by KameZero View Post
    Seems this point goes to Ishayu.
    Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Good for you. But that doesn't make them awesome.

It's a dungeon crawling loot fest without decent loot. If that's your thing, have fun, but Torchlight does it better.
    Let's see, for his argument he has

StarCraft turned into the national sport of Korea, and the 2nd game took its place. World of Warcraft has now been online with currently 10M subscribers for 9 years.
    Where as you have

lol i dont like them
    Seems this point goes to Ishayu.

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Originally posted by Ishayu View Post
    I still play StarCraft 2, WarCraft 3 and World of Warcraft. I love them all.
    Good for you. But that doesn't make them awesome.

I don't like Diablo 3 that much though. Got it for free through my WoW sub, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it, but you know what? Blizzard knows. Mike Morhaime came out and promised Diablo players more content and better endgame, so it's going to be okay.
    It's a dungeon crawling loot fest without decent loot. If that's your thing, have fun, but Torchlight does it better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X