X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by ownagefool View Post
    Valve will QA the games to an extent where it at least seems to run resonably before they'll release it on their platform. We shouldn't get anything blatently broken from the get go.
    Read: Tough times ahead for Valve?

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    Valve will QA the games to an extent where it at least seems to run resonably before they'll release it on their platform. We shouldn't get anything blatently broken from the get go.

Leave a comment:

• M1AU
    replied
    Cool

No seriously, cool.

Leave a comment:

• shinger
    replied
    OMG!! This will be in my collection when valve releases steam on Linux. I've watched the gameplay.. AWESOME!!

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    Things are definitely looking up for gamers on Linux.

Leave a comment:

• elect
    replied
    Let me add Serious Sam to the list of games to buy immediately after they comes to Linux...

Leave a comment:

• kwahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by 9a3eedi View Post
    Although I have to say.. Serious Sam 3 isn't exactly as good as Second Encounter or the first.. it's too "modern". Areas are too "closed", there's not much room to run around in compared to the other games, and there are other annoyances that kinda kill the game.. like really crappy enemies.
    Have you played latter levels? Huge, open and with THOUSANDS enemies?
    For me BFE is the best in series, ex equo with TSE, better than TFE and much better than SS2.

Leave a comment:

• natewiebe13
    replied
    I've played SS2 quite a few times on Linux. It works great from what I remember.

Leave a comment:

• entropy
    replied
    Originally posted by kgroombr View Post
    Icculus did the "First Encounter" and "Second Encounter". They were still some major bugs once which made it nearly non-playable which was the "Fall Through Floor" bug. I would still like to see these bugs fixed, but if "Serious Sam 3" is ported "Correctly" with the ability to play the HD port of the "First Encounter" and "Second Encounter", then I am not concerned.

I am not sure who ported Serious Sam 2 (not to be confused with "The Second Encounter"), but the frame rate was super slow, and there were major rendering issues. I purchased the game with the promise of a "Linux Client", but, IMHO, it never came.

Ken
    According to this page, the client of SS2 has been ported by Croteam

Releasing a bugged "beta RC" and abandon the port does not look promising.

Leave a comment:

• 9a3eedi
    replied
    This is excellent news Serious Sam is an awesome series. I just wonder if they'll ever release something to the public or if this is just some kind of experiment that we'll never hear of again.

Although I have to say.. Serious Sam 3 isn't exactly as good as Second Encounter or the first.. it's too "modern". Areas are too "closed", there's not much room to run around in compared to the other games, and there are other annoyances that kinda kill the game.. like really crappy enemies.

It's still a good game though. I hope they also port Second Encounter HD, since it uses the same engine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X