No announcement yet.

Valve Picks Up Another All-Star Linux Developer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like very much. But my English is bad, and from Moscow, I do not want to leave. It's a pity they do not work remotely.

PS I ported the game Vangers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vangers (with AMDme3 from Yandex company) and develop game Diameter. But write site for RussiaToday Espania now (((( I started learning C++ on the fact that he wanted to make games.

PS2 I participated in creating the site plg.lrn.ru (programming linux game), Frustum (aka Ungine) was a frequent visitor. Almost all of this party could be arranged in the gaming industry (and opensource, deadbeaf player for example ^_^ ).

PS3 Sorry my post is despair.

Comment

I've been hearing SDL 2.0 mentioned ever more frequently of late, it shouldn't be long now.

As for Sam, I've spoken to him on a couple of occasions. He's a great guy and this is a great hook up.

Comment

These news posts should begin with 'previously on "valve's hires" ...'

Anyone else feeling like they're reading a soap-opera?

Don't get me wrong, I like that Michael reports on the latest VOL (Valve On Linux) news/happenigs (if only to silence the remaining nay-sayers). However, what really interests me are some technical details : how will the games be installed? (my wish is : install where I want them, available from all user accounts) Will the client be easily packageable for nerdier distros?
        Another question would be : will they be participating in the OSS graphic stack development?

Serafean

Comment

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
          Don't get me wrong, I like that Michael reports on the latest VOL (Valve On Linux) news/happenigs (if only to silence the remaining nay-sayers). However, what really interests me are some technical details : how will the games be installed? (my wish is : install where I want them, available from all user accounts) Will the client be easily packageable for nerdier distros?
          Another question would be : will they be participating in the OSS graphic stack development?

Serafean
          Soon as there's technical details they will let me release, you can surely bet that it will be on Phoronix... I certainly enjoy rambling much more about OpenGL renderers, packaging, what their developers are doing, and other technical details than just people being hired by a company.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
            I would like very much. But my English is bad, and from Moscow, I do not want to leave. It's a pity they do not work remotely.

PS I ported the game Vangers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vangers (with AMDme3 from Yandex company) and develop game Diameter. But write site for RussiaToday Espania now (((( I started learning C++ on the fact that he wanted to make games.

PS2 I participated in creating the site plg.lrn.ru (programming linux game), Frustum (aka Ungine) was a frequent visitor. Almost all of this party could be arranged in the gaming industry (and opensource, deadbeaf player for example ^_^ ).

PS3 Sorry my post is despair.
            Your English is better than most Americans'.

Comment

It would be awesome to get some steamforlinux/sourcegames alpha/beta already :/

Originally posted by Serafean View Post
              Anyone else feeling like they're reading a soap-opera?
              Serafean
              Yep, Michaels posts are like 90% too long Last one should take only half page and it would still be a little too long in comparison to amount of information inside it
              Last edited by gutigen; 14 July 2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
                Wondering what happens to SDL, have been waiting for 1.3(2.0) release for can't remember how long. Maybe it is time to switch to another lib...
                SDL seems to be progressing nicely, from what I gather the next version comes with some major changes to SDL so it's not suprising it's taking some time.

As for other libraries, I'm using Allegro myself (v 5) for my indie game projects, my choice is perhaps influenced by nostalgia as I used to send patches for it back in the day and that it was the first game library I used (allegro + djgpp, those were the days!). There's also SFML which I hear is very nice, particularly if you like C++, and most likely tons of others I've missed.

Comment

Play it again, Sam.

Comment

I can't wait to see all this become true.

Comment

Originally posted by Weegee View Post
                      Let's hope that they'll stick to Reverse Valve Time this time.
                      You just linked to actual Valve Time. I already had my hopes up.

Comment

Working...
                      X