No announcement yet.

Alien Arena Reloaded - Renderer Improvements, Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The windows versions have been updated on Desura, as well as the standalone installer for Linux.

I'll leave the branch/patches up to Strat then.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      I find this curious. Could you make a sales pitch on why it (or any other indie game) should?

It's not like Desura has a huge audience, it's more trouble to post updates to more places, etc.
      Maybe because it is already on Desura? Jeesh...

Comment

And how should I know that, given I don't use Desura?

Comment

Originally posted by dfblogic View Post
          IMO, it is pretty clear that what is needed is a system that builds distro-specific packages. (My soapbox rant on this is: Debian is an OS, Fedora is an OS, Gentoo is an OS, ... Linux is not an OS. Ergo, TANSTAALB - There Ain't No Such Thing As Linux Binary.) Do not know much about it, but openSUSE Build Service seems like a better approach.
          Hmm? Lot's of Linux games have a single installer that works on 99% of distros. See: everything icculus has ever ported.

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
            Hmm? Lot's of Linux games have a single installer that works on 99% of distros. See: everything icculus has ever ported.
            Well, that is Icculus. From what I hear, he is a Jedi Master at Linux porting. Not so easy for us mortals.

Comment

Any way to change the sound sampling rate for the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                Any way to change the sound sampling rate for the game?
                Not directly. We depend on OpenAL Soft, http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html. Check alsoftrc.sample at the git repo, http://repo.or.cz/w/openal-soft.git/tree .

Many of the sound effects files are 22050 Hz. Would be a good project to create higher sample rate sound effects.

Comment

Working...
                X