Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banning Linux Users For Using Linux...Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    I think Blizzard gamers playing on Linux need to make a petition.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/ibpfl/petition.html

Leave a comment:

• crazycheese
    replied
    I think Blizzard gamers playing on Linux need to make a petition.

Blizzard uses Linux for Battlenet for AGES now.

There are a lot of people who buy and pay for Blizzard products, but have to play it via WINE.

Blizzard should finally get over this and make official Linux clients for its games.

Even if its made via winelib, it should be official, should be CRC'able so it plays well with their anti-cheating system.

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    I am reading through the thread right now and REALLY want to take down the names of the idiots saying that "unsupported operating system = ban" just to shame them later. Too many idiots.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
    I do not own Diablo 3 yet and won't for the foreseeable future but I am curious; do you suggest that people should pirate the game instead?
    I suggest people not buying it.

Leave a comment:

• joshuapurcell
    replied
    I've played Diablo 3 enough to get a couple of characters up into the 50s. I played earlier this morning for a short while... no problems connecting. Whatever flagged these very vocal gamers for getting banned was not the fact that they are using wine.

Leave a comment:

• bug!
    replied
    Wow, so many ignorant People on a single thread... shocking.
    Edit:
    Just to be clear, not this Thread, the Thread in the link
    Last edited by bug!; 03 July 2012, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    Originally posted by TobiSGD View Post
    It is not possible to pirate the game at this point. In the same way that it is not possible to use the game offline. All that you get when you buy the game is the graphics and sound data together with a client. The game logic is completely implemented on their servers. So if their servers go down for maintenance you are not able to play the game. And this is a single player game, not a MMORPG.
    Thank you for enlightening me. That sounds like the kind of DRM I would not wish to ever come across. I'll humbly stick with GOG.

Leave a comment:

• TobiSGD
    replied
    Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
    I do not own Diablo 3 yet and won't for the foreseeable future but I am curious; do you suggest that people should pirate the game instead?
    It is not possible to pirate the game at this point. In the same way that it is not possible to use the game offline. All that you get when you buy the game is the graphics and sound data together with a client. The game logic is completely implemented on their servers. So if their servers go down for maintenance you are not able to play the game. And this is a single player game, not a MMORPG.

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I have no sympathy for the people who pay Blizzard for the game. Serves you right.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    I have no sympathy for the people who pay Blizzard for the game. Serves you right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X