Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banning Linux Users For Using Linux...Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshuapurcell View Post
    I've played Diablo 3 enough to get a couple of characters up into the 50s. I played earlier this morning for a short while... no problems connecting. Whatever flagged these very vocal gamers for getting banned was not the fact that they are using wine.
    just because YOU didn't got banned using wine does not mean others cannot got banned due to using wine.
    it only may proof (actually not even this) that it is not their intension to ban wine users. but wine could still be what has triggered their scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by psycho_driver View Post
      Why are we arguing about a game needing to be run under wine in a thread about a different game that has to be run under wine?
      I just said that I couldn't find a native client for Path of Exile ... which makes sense, seeing as there isn't one. But since we're asking questions about relevance, why did you advertise for another Windows-only game when we're talking about people being banned for using WINE to play a Windows-only game? (See how that works both ways? )

Comment

Originally posted by a user View Post
        just because YOU didn't got banned using wine does not mean others cannot got banned due to using wine.
        it only may proof (actually not even this) that it is not their intension to ban wine users. but wine could still be what has triggered their scanner.
        Actually, by now it seems there's four guys on battle.net thinking they were banned because of wine and a couple of guys over here reporting they are still happily using wine. At this point, I think no conclusion can be drawn, but the more testimonies, the better.
        Regardless, taking $60 from customers and then telling them "you can't play anymore because we determined so" (no actual reason given, whether it was wine or not) is darn close to a big FU, therefore reason enough for gamers to take their business elsewhere. Luckily for me, I smelled rat when I heard about RMAH and sit this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          At this point, I think no conclusion can be drawn, but the more testimonies, the better.
          I think it's pretty obvious that people are lying about cheating.

Comment

Blizzard Admits Linux User Was Wrongly Banned, Offers Refund

Comment

Working...
            X