A New Linux Game To Try And Benchmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eisnefaust View Post
    The AMD opensource driver looks like crap!
    I seem to be stuck on the monitor refresh rate with radeon, like glxgears

//edit: you did notice that the nouveau and radeon driver use different resolutions?
    Last edited by disi; 01 July 2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grotgrot View Post
      Oh well, that is all moot. They have the same issue many games do which is if you are using multiple monitors they insist on using the total screen area to display.
      That's the reason I use non-xinerama dual-head. While it prevents dragging an app from one screen to another, it prevents any full-screen app from using more than one screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jhansonxi View Post
        That's the reason I use non-xinerama dual-head. While it prevents dragging an app from one screen to another ...
        I drag apps from screen to screen all the time, have apps with multiple windows displayed on different screens, and sometimes have apps span screens.

I already have more games that I have time to play, so if an app doesn't work I'm happy to skip it. A separate issue I've noticed with some of these games is that they don't play nicely in other ways either. For example Oilrush prevents Alt-Tab from working and swallows volume changes via keyboard. Having to exit the game just to change system volume or look at an IM window is beyond annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by grotgrot View Post
          I drag apps from screen to screen all the time, have apps with multiple windows displayed on different screens, and sometimes have apps span screens.
          Then you are using xinerama. Without xinerama the heads are completely separate and can have different resolutions and bit depths. With Gnome, text can be copied and pasted between them but not much else.

Apps are on either one head/screen or the other, not both. Firefox can be started on one but will refuse to start on the other as it detects an existing instance. If I want it on the other head I have to close it on the first. If I want it on both heads I have to create a separate profile.

With Gnome (Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid Lynx) there are separate panels and menus on each head.

While this obviously has many limitations the main advantage is that full-screen applications, especially old Loki games, are forced to a single monitor.

xorg.conf:
          Section "ServerFlags"
          Option "Xinerama" "off"
          EndSection

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            I don't think the problem is the lack of textures, but rather the lack of detail. On some pictures showing the whole track it actually looks very good, but up close it doesn't: at any one time there's a single uniform flat surface filling 50-70% of the screen. It looks poor and unfinished, but with a bit more modeling or texture work it has potential.
            Yes, like the creator meant it to look inspired by Mirror's Edge, but just didn't add enough detail up close to the track.

Comment

Originally posted by jhansonxi View Post
              That's the reason I use non-xinerama dual-head. While it prevents dragging an app from one screen to another, it prevents any full-screen app from using more than one screen.
              I think you are actually describing Zaphod Mode, which I use for that specific reason, and because I do not want notifications from one application to appear on my secondary screen or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
              X