X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    started a topic Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Linux

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Linux

The private Linux beta for Enemy Territory: Quake Wars started today! Though id Software has asked not to publish any benchmarks or much beyond the minimum details until later on.

The beta team is very small, but d2kx is also on the list so perhaps he will comment on how ET: Quake Wars compares under Linux and Windows.

More info to come later but feel free to discuss in this thread.

• d2kx
    replied
    A couple of weeks - wouldn't have expected this. But the client will be running as excellent as it could be, be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Extreme Coder
    replied
    A 'status update' on the Linux versions of ET:QW:

http://community.enemyterritory.com/...php?q=node/168

Don't know if you've seen this.

Leave a comment:

• Thetargos
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Hopefully ET:QW for Linux will make it out today...
    Yay! good news for Linux gaming! Now I need to get up to date my rig to play these new games!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Hopefully ET:QW for Linux will make it out today...

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
    Now I'm just praying to G-d Unreal Tournament 3 will be everything I hoped for...
    If the stupid thing ever comes out =(

Leave a comment:

• 1c3d0g
    replied
    You know, I played the multiplayer beta on Windows, and it was a huge disappointment for me. Graphics are horrible (and yes, I cranked everything to max), gameplay sucks and quite frankly, I think id Software lost the edge. Far Cry, a 3 year-old game, looks and acts (as in the bot AI) *much* better than anything id Software released in the last 7 years. With their current plans to introduce Rage, I'm seeing another Doom 3 in the making: 2-3 years late and already surpassed by better games (like the upcoming Far Cry 2, which appears to be similar in nature). Sad, really, as I still want to support id for all the games they've made available on GNU/Linux.

Now I'm just praying to G-d Unreal Tournament 3 will be everything I hoped for...

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    Originally posted by Source Of Radiance View Post
    Will a 7600GT OC be able to handle 1280x1024 with decent settings?
    It also depends on your CPU, but it could be able to handle middle settings w/o AA. Try the demo client on Windows or the Linux demo once it's out (I guess that there will be one [if yes - very soon]).

Leave a comment:

• Source Of Radiance
    replied
    Will a 7600GT OC be able to handle 1280x1024 with decent settings?

Leave a comment:

• Raven3x7
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I hope AMD gets 8.42out at around that time as well although i dont really have any major probs with 8.41 aside from a distorted watermark in the lower end corner
    Last edited by Raven3x7; 10-02-2007, 05:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X