Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-Life 2 On Wine Is Faster On AMD R600g Over Catalyst

Phoronix: Half-Life 2 On Wine Is Faster On AMD R600g Over Catalyst

Here's an interesting finding: at least when running under Wine, Half-Life 2 is faster on the open-source AMD Radeon Linux driver than when running on the proprietary Catalyst driver. There are also some other similar results where these Windows games have the advantage when running on the Gallium3D open-source driver.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Amd catalyst data missing.

Graphs do not show Catalyst data at all. (PS can you add "report bug" or something to your site?)

Comment

Do you even read that crap before posting? Like the description below each pic? See the nonsense in it?

Comment

Originally posted by dhewg View Post
        Do you even read that crap before posting? Like the description below each pic? See the nonsense in it?
        Is this to Michael, or przemoli? I see ati-glsl and ati-arb. Which one is r600g. As far as I know Catalyst and Mesa support GLSL and ARB extenstions? Thank you very much for the Doom3 64 bit port. It is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
          Is this to Michael, or przemoli? I see ati-glsl and ati-arb. Which one is r600g. As far as I know Catalyst and Mesa support GLSL and ARB extenstions? Thank you very much for the Doom3 64 bit port. It is awesome
          Well, to Michael of course...
          Just like you mentioned it's not clear what ati-glsl and ati-arb represents. The description for 3dmark2001 implies ati-arb is catalyst, while others like hl2 claim the opposite.
          And then we have the hilarious heaven and clear_d3d benchmarks, where the graphs show almost no difference but the description mentions huge advantages.
          I'm not sure how much more you can get wrong in a benchmark article :P

Oh, and thx

Comment

800x600 as res used for all tests? Most be a joke or?

Comment

@przemoli, dhewg, Drago
              As clearly stated in the article, the Catalyst result is the one at the right end of the graphs. Glsl and arb have nothing to do with the driver. The text makes perfect sense to me...

Comment

Originally posted by kbios View Post
                As clearly stated in the article, the Catalyst result is the one at the right end of the graphs.
                I'm sorry, but "clearly" is wrong wording. The labeling is very confusing and also: the last two result seemed to be Catalyst, according to the first page, not only the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
                  I'm sorry, but "clearly" is wrong wording. The labeling is very confusing and also: the last two result seemed to be Catalyst, according to the first page, not only the last one.
                  Yes the two last, as in the blue and the green dot to the fare right. I agree that this isn't the best organised test results, but if you read the artical you will find that Michael wasn't the one who set up this test.

Comment

Wait, how are these tests CPU-limited? It's a freaking Core i7! With four cores, 2.8GHz each, and hyperthreading!

Comment

Working...
                    X