X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    How about you jew hater shut up yourself?
    Jew hater? Really? What makes you conclude I'm a Jew hater? Your username suits you well.

That means jack shit. Job postings with Linux as part of the requirement have been on Valve's site for years.
    That doesn't change the fact that Michael isn't making stuff up, it just means this article is extremely overdue.

If part of his job is using deceptive headlines to generate traffic, I will call him out for that.
    If that's what you truly believe his job is then why are you here? You're promoting his cause. If you're using an ad-blocker then why do you care at all? You and others similar to you should know well ahead of time what you're about to read, yet you read it anyway and make the same boring rant.

I really don't understand people like you who complain about people who are somehow selling themselves out to bigger companies when first of all, they're blatantly not, and secondly even if they were, does it really matter if that means they can continue to supply content to you for free? The same thing happens on youtube all the time - a popular channel promotes a product or company completely on their own because they sincerely like the results of whatever that may be, and people whine that these people are sell-outs. I just simply don't see why it matters if you're still getting the same content you always used to.

On another note, yes, Michael is focusing on Valve a lot. So much to the point where it might seem like Valve has offered him something. However, y'know what else Michael focuses on a lot? Beer. Beer is completely irrelevant to most of the phoronix readers, but he brings it up anyway. He doesn't focus on just 1 beer either, just beer in general. I assume by now he's aware that him bringing up beer does annoy some people (personally I don't really care) but that doesn't stop him. He said he has a passion for beer before. He likely isn't paid to sponsor products to a website of people who don't give a crap. Since he brings up Valve a lot less (while Valve is a much more relevant and interesting topic), it should be easy to assume that he likely isn't paid by them either. I don't see a problem with having a little bias here and there, especially when 99% of all articles on this website are done by 1 guy.

Valve has almost single-handedly changed the gaming market. They're one of the first highly influential software companies to distinctly pay attention to linux, and they won't care anymore if they realize one of linux's most heard spokespeople (Michael) is not being listened to by his readers anymore.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    What exactly are they looking for? WTF is a "Linux developer"?

I don't even see a job posting.

Not that I could re-locate anyway so I'm not looking to pursue it; it's just that the criteria don't make a lot of sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    How about you haters shut up and read before you whine:
    How about you jew hater shut up yourself?

There are job postings requesting linux. I'm not sure how much of it is specific toward gaming, but just by clicking on random links I found Linux as part of the requirements.
    That means jack shit. Job postings with Linux as part of the requirement have been on Valve's site for years.

Stop bitching at Michael for doing his job.
    If part of his job is using deceptive headlines to generate traffic, I will call him out for that.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    How about you haters shut up and read before you whine:

There are job postings requesting linux. I'm not sure how much of it is specific toward gaming, but just by clicking on random links I found Linux as part of the requirements. Stop bitching at Michael for doing his job.

Leave a comment:

• Larian
    replied
    Another deceptive phoronix headline. Nowhere in that blog post is there a mention of Linux.

Anyhow I cannot take this Valve/Linux thing serious until the day Valve writes something about it on their own website. If they are really serious about it that shouldn't be a problem.
    You can't take someone seriously? I think you should shut your god damned head after the crap you tried to pull a couple of days ago.

Leave a comment:

• sabriah
    replied
    As far as why this blog post is being mentioned on Phoronix: Valve is still in need of more high-quality Linux talent. Just this week from one of the Valve Linux developers I hear again, "Got a ton of work to do...Need more good people. "
    Snobs.

What's wrong with low-quality Linux talent? I would like to work at Valve too!

Leave a comment:

• mum1989
    replied
    Another deceptive phoronix headline. Nowhere in that blog post is there a mention of Linux.

Anyhow I cannot take this Valve/Linux thing serious until the day Valve writes something about it on their own website. If they are really serious about it that shouldn't be a problem.
    +1
    Another Bullshit news :/

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    hahaha. Michael, I must admit you made me laugh

Leave a comment:

• Armurier
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Hahahahaha. Wrong estimate
    Yeah.
    Expect it NEVARRRRR

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
    Expect something like the end of this year or Q1 2013 (I suppose).
    Hahahahaha. Wrong estimate

Leave a comment:

Working...
X