Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoreBreach Aims To Go Open-Source

Phoronix: CoreBreach Aims To Go Open-Source

CoreCode, the company behind the CoreBreach, has exclusively shared with Phoronix their plans to open-source this multi-platform anti-gravity racing game. The Core3D engine is also set to be opened up along with the game itself...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

> unique racing game

uh, yeah. i assume nobody has ever seen wipeout racing games. this is as close to an exact clone as it gets. i'm worried that they are very close to being in trouble with sony because of that.

Comment

Looks to me as F-Zero meets Mario Kart 64. Both games are from another era...

Comment

pretty cool news.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
          > unique racing game

uh, yeah. i assume nobody has ever seen wipeout racing games. this is as close to an exact clone as it gets. i'm worried that they are very close to being in trouble with sony because of that.
          They are all clones of Wacky Wheels.

Very cool game btw! Looks like its based on ideas of Torus Trooper.

Comment

Phoronix Exclusive?

Please! http://corebreach.corecode.at/CoreBr...-source_1.html
            They have it on their official site, come on dude!

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
              Phoronix Exclusive?

Please! http://corebreach.corecode.at/CoreBr...-source_1.html
              They have it on their official site, come on dude!
              From CoreCode:

....in the forum discussion resulting from your last coverage "CoreBreach On Linux Is Ready, May Go Open-Source" we've learned that there is some demand for getting the source code of CoreBreach opened up so that there can be game mods and the game can enter linux distribution package systems. we've had some time to think about this and have concluded that we would like to make this step and pledge to open source the game once enough copies to cover the costs have been sold. since we've made good experiences with your coverage of the game, the idea for this emerged on your forums, and since the source code is mainly of interest to the linux crowd, we'd like to exclusively announce this open source move (and the coinciding price cut) on phoronix, if you are interested.....
              They put it up on their website after Phoronix already published it, etc.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

While that quote may be true, the fact that they posted it up on their own website the same day doesn't mean it's exclusive for you - it makes it public

Just a wording issue that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
                  While that quote may be true, the fact that they posted it up on their own website the same day doesn't mean it's exclusive for you - it makes it public
                  It was exclusive at the time of publishing. Hell I had also been sitting on the information for nearly two days, but only felt like posting it / having the time this morning. Yesterday on Twitter was also mentioning I'd post something Linux gaming exclusive in the morning...
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

anyone know how cross-platform (i.e. arm vs x86) GNUstep is?

Comment

Working...
                    X