Humble Bundle V Crosses Three Million Dollars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimko View Post
    Again, just because gay people are here right now doesn't mean they will be there in a few generations away.
    Gay animals have been here for millions of years. Why would they suddenly all die out short of a mass genocide by gay haters? (Humans are also animals btw)
    several options:
    1) Immortality of body(unlikely), of mind.(brain is just a computer, once we can emulate it - immortality of conciseness within reach)
    2) Selection. When 1 spermatozoid is chosen and used to fertilize egg.(from all tinkering with genome and human reproduction i'd prefer this one, but it doesn't give much to genetic variety, some parasite or sickness may wipe out everything)
    3) Genetic programming. Mix up best genes of parents, instant genius from support tube...
    You forgot option 4) We let adults choose who they want to be with

Comment

Again, just because gay people are here right now doesn't mean they will be there in a few generations away.
      Since we have historical evidence that gays exist on this planet for more than a few generations already it seems to be very unlikely that they will not be here in a few generations from now on. I can't see anything that counts as base for your claim that they will die out, except your personal standpoint that being gay is in some sense wrong.
      By the way, being gay is not a sexual dysfunction, they can reproduce. If the word dysfunction is in any way right in this context it would be a psychological dysfunction.

Right now you are trying to struggle with majority's opinion, which I don't represent.
      It doesn't matter if you represent that. Normal is what the majority decides to be normal, not what you think to be normal. At least here in Germany gay people are normal enough to be Minister for Foreign Affairs, regardless what you think about it..

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
        Gay animals have been here for millions of years. Why would they suddenly all die out short of a mass genocide by gay haters? (Humans are also animals btw)

You forgot option 4) We let adults choose who they want to be with
        Choice will be done by parents. Gay people are by all means in disadvantaged situation.
        No parent for that matter will choose his future child to be gay.(option 2 and 3)

Extinction != genocide. Though word extinction cannot really be used here, as specie will not likely to die, just certain failing genomes.

Again, I personally don't mind gay people, some people i knew in personal life and work were bisexual or gay. i won't ever tell them not to be 'normal'. it's their choice. As long as humanity can't control its own reproduction to smallest details - gay people will be.

Comment

Originally posted by TobiSGD View Post
          Since we have historical evidence that gays exist on this planet for more than a few generations already it seems to be very unlikely that they will not be here in a few generations from now on. I can't see anything that counts as base for your claim that they will die out, except your personal standpoint that being gay is in some sense wrong.
          By the way, being gay is not a sexual dysfunction, they can reproduce. If the word dysfunction is in any way right in this context it would be a psychological dysfunction.
          You can divide it however you like, fact of the matter, they won't have offspring that way. it's not considered normal.

Originally posted by TobiSGD View Post

It doesn't matter if you represent that. Normal is what the majority decides to be normal, not what you think to be normal. At least here in Germany gay people are normal enough to be Minister for Foreign Affairs, regardless what you think about it..
          Laws don't always represent common opinon of society, hence the changes.

Either way, its a dysfunction, you just said it yourself.(and for god sake, i didnt say gay people need to be treated or anything, unless they want to, I NEVER CLAIMED IT, they should be left alone and contribute to society in ways acceptable for them and society of healthy people)

Again, read my previous message. Every loving caring parent will avoid situation when their kid will be ad disadvantage. I am sure out of 100 couples 99% of people, when it will be possible to predict or even choose traits of future born will want their child not to be gay, as it doesn't give any advantages. Guess, how many generations will pass before disadvantageous genetic traits, like Mongoloid syndrome, homosexuality or sudden death syndrome are wiped out from genetic pool?

Comment

Either way, its a dysfunction, you just said it yourself.
            I said:
            If the word dysfunction is in any way right in this context it
            Should be pretty clear that I am not believing that it is a dysfunction and that this statement was only there to correct your false statement.

Every loving caring parent will avoid situation when their kid will be ad disadvantage. I am sure out of 100 couples 99% of people, when it will be possible to predict or even choose traits of future born will want their child not to be gay, as it doesn't give any advantages. Guess, how many generations will pass before disadvantageous genetic traits, like Mongoloid syndrome, homosexuality or sudden death syndrome are wiped out from genetic pool?
            May it be possible that you are a bit closed minded? This is a pure first world solution to a non-existent problem. Do you really think that in a world where the larger part of humanity is illiterate and doesn't even have enough food, clear water or such luxury as electricity this will happen anytime soon?

Comment

statement supposed to make me upset?
              Gay people can't conceive kids. By definition of life and nature - they are not normal. I don't hold that against them, though what I say may offend them. Every normal sample of any specie supposed to prolong its kind and benefit to genetic pool. Gays can't do that, not the second part anyway.
              I have arguments, You don't.
              Isn't that kind of like saying people who choose to use birth control aren't normal?

Or, let's say, people who have survived ovarian cancer and can't have kids?

Soldiers who were wounded in a "sensitive area", aren't normal?

I guess it depends on your definition, but it seems to me like your stretching it to fit your pre-conceived notions.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureSuture View Post
                I am no fan of such games myself so I just don't buy them.
                Without judging the specifics of this particular game at all...

I do think everyone has the right to say, "I don't like the message a particular game sends and I don't want to support it" without being badgered.

I'm a strong believer in free speech, and that means those games shouldn't be banned or censored if the developer wants to release them, but it also means that consumers should be free to react in whatever way they choose.

Comment

Gay people can't conceive kids. By definition of life and nature - they are not normal.
                  Earth is already over populated or very close so.
                  So the natural thing to do is to reproduce endlessly, overrun the planet and destroy its ecosystem?
                  I have arguments, You don't.
                  Save the planet - be gay!

Comment

You can divide it however you like, fact of the matter, they won't have offspring that way. it's not considered normal.
                    On the other hand it seems normal enaugh that so many species produce some homosexual specimen.

You should really blame the heterosexual parents for producing children that won't reproduce. Following your trail of thought they and the ancestors who produced the parents that produce children that won't reproduce are unnormal too.

Guess, how many generations will pass before disadvantageous genetic traits, like Mongoloid syndrome, homosexuality or sudden death syndrome are wiped out from genetic pool?
                    Disadvantageous to whom?

Have a look here to papers like this or this. Tld;dr: for example the genetic variations that lead to few homosexual people could be advantageous enaugh that some non-reproducing offspring doesn't matter much. And then it has a good chance of not being "wiped out from the genetic pool".

But what has all this to do with the humble bundle crossing $3 million dollar?

Comment

omg i am tired of you people peverting my words

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                      On the other hand it seems normal enaugh that so many species produce some homosexual specimen.

You should really blame the heterosexual parents for producing children that won't reproduce. Following your trail of thought they and the ancestors who produced the parents that produce children that won't reproduce are unnormal too.

Disadvantageous to whom?

Have a look here to papers like this or this. Tld;dr: for example the genetic variations that lead to few homosexual people could be advantageous enaugh that some non-reproducing offspring doesn't matter much. And then it has a good chance of not being "wiped out from the genetic pool".

But what has all this to do with the humble bundle crossing $3 million dollar?
                      From those links it is not clear of advantage.
                      Further more, they mention fact that gay people can reproduce, which is utter bullshit, where I stopped reading. Gay people who have heterosexual sex? Bisexual may be?
                      Also, we look on the problem from different points.

Human kind has natural selection, gay people can't get through in it. Same as soldiers with broken family jewels, etc. It doesn't make them worse personalities(not even if it's gay soldier with no family jewels). My definition of not normal under circumstance: major barrier to be able to produce healthy offspring, that is capable of passing gene and be useful to humankind. Gays have obvious barrier. Ask yourself, in near feature, when parents will be able to "sort out" potential gay offspring before birth, will they not do it? Some may be, will not. Majority WILL. Ask them why, majority will say: it's not normal.(nor beneficial for passing to new generations)
                      Last edited by dimko; 07 June 2012, 11:31 AM. Reason: my shit english

Comment

Working...
                      X