X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snuwoods
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
    I emailed Gabe asking of the email exchange quoted bungie Phorinux was authentic, he said "yes".
    -.- not sure if this is a joke

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by kirillkh View Post
    Linux kernel is GPL'd, and how did that help Android?
    Please remind me how Android isn't open source.
    The only parts of Android that aren't open source are some of the drivers, firmware, and the actual Google apps (like Maps, Earth, Navigation, etc).
    Even their kernel changes away slowly being adopted into mainline (albeit, modified like the very recent autosleep pull).

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Valve's employee handbook is amazing.

It helps you to understand how there still isn't a Half Life 3 yet, and why Valve Time exists.

http://media1.gameinformer.com/image...ook_lowres.pdf

Leave a comment:

• rewind
    replied
    Originally posted by ChemicalBrother View Post
    So end of this year in Valve time means 2014 in real time.
    Haha, reminded me about this one:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Time#Valve_Time

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    Didn't AnonymousCoward said it was fake (photoshopped) or something?
    And you trust him why? Here, watch this.

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    It's a photoshop. I was the one who sent it to phoronix. I was trolling phoronix, but didn't think phoronix would actually make an article out of it. Anyway it's fake, sorry guys for trolling you
    This comment is a fake. I was the one who sent it to AnonymousCoward. I was trolling AnonymousCoward, but I didn't think he'd actually make a post out if it. Anyway it's fake, sorry guys for trolling you

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    - gaining control over the big infrastructural projects, such as desktop (Unity), browser (Chrome, WebKit)
    Yeah, I sure hope no company ever gets control of the chrome codebase... you know, the google chrome codebase. Ran by google. The company. That runs the chrome codebase.

And nobody's forcing you to install steam on Linux. There's already tons of proprietary closed source software for Linux, some even have (gasp) DRM! Tell me, are you required to install them along with Linux? And if a company does "subvert" an open source project (which is impossible) and you don't like the changes they're making? So fucking what? Fork it and either don't take anything from them or only put in the code you do like from them. That's how open source works. That's how it's always worked. There is literally no other way FOR it to work.

Originally posted by mum1989 View Post
    I try to verify this @mail :
    http://www.mailtester.com/testmail.php

but when I put [email protected] .... :

Another FAKE from bullshit Phrononix
    ... seriously? You think it's fake because a private company doesn't allow random ip's to ping their mail servers? Really?

Try googling the email address, lots of people contact gave at this address and receive replies.
    Last edited by KameZero; 06-04-2012, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    I'm a little weird... I actually think Android is an example of a Linux success story.

Leave a comment:

• Kristian Joensen
    replied
    I emailed Gabe asking of the email exchange quoted bungie Phorinux was authentic, he said "yes".

Leave a comment:

• V10lator
    replied
    ...Linux used to be an OS designed with best interest of USERS in mind. If a corporation gets involved, it's not due to any kind of philanthropic intentions, but with a clear vision of exploiting the infrastructure for their gain. Sometimes...
    Wait, wait, wait, who are you to tell who's allowed to use linux? If a company wants to use linux (for whatever reason) the company IS a user! Valve wants to use linux (as a target), so Valve IS a user of linux...

Leave a comment:

• chris200x9
    replied
    This thread went full retard very quickly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X