Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnc
    replied
    Hmm... I was just about to pull the trigger on this bundle, primarily for Limbo and Bastion. But now that I read that Limbo is Wine'd up, I dunno. Sounds sketchy. Don't like Wine on my system either. I could just buy it on Windows I guess.

Limbo is weird... It runs on OS X and iOS but not on Linux / Android. Is writing cross-platform software really that hard? (That's a rhetorical question.)

Edit: oops, my bad... Limbo is not available on iOS (yet).
    Last edited by johnc; 04 June 2012, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I'll buy only if it's open source, else not.

Paying for proprietary software?
    You got to be fucking kidding me.
    So don't buy it?
    Why do you feel the need to go on with your tired rhetoric? You're worse than the people on forums who say "lol just use windows!!!!!!111"

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Open source

I'll buy only if it's open source, else not.

Paying for proprietary software?
    You got to be fucking kidding me.

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    Well, that is merely a runtime, so it does qualify as being native I guess. But Flash games are completely different kettle of fish that afflicts us all...

Leave a comment:

• AnonymousCoward
    replied
    Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    The thing is, I am not petitioning the developers - I am petitioning the Humble Bundle guys themselves. The Bundle is a showcase for cross-platform DRM-independent games. If you have a problem with one of your middlewares that prevents it being properly ported to Linux, it should not qualify for the showcase. Other developers have put a lot of effort into making sure there games ran natively on Linux - including ripping out such incompatible middlewares in favour of better supported cross-platform ones. I do not see why LIMBO got a free ride.
    What about the Flash games? Isn't that even more of a free ride? Or do you see that as inherently native?

Leave a comment:

• Plakketle
    replied
    luzl from russia

Tell me, you have a RSS Feed of this blog ?

Leave a comment:

• Khudsa
    replied
    Originally posted by whizse View Post
    Works fine here.

I'm guessing you're having a problem with s3tc and/or 32-bit libs?
    Sorry, just installed libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 lib, now works.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
    Anyone knows how to solve the black screen problem on Bastion game with ATI oss drivers?
    Works fine here.

I'm guessing you're having a problem with s3tc and/or 32-bit libs?

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    Originally posted by pheldens View Post
    Only Amnesia worked flawless on my pure 64 bit machine with git mesa 4670 radeon drivers
    The rest couldn't launch 32 bit or wine junk or was defective, please provide 64 bit tarballs for everywhere you provide 64 bit debs.
    If there's a 64-bit deb but not a 64-bit tarball that means that there is no 64-bit build. The 64-bit deb is just to install the 32-bit version on 64-bit systems.

Leave a comment:

• Khudsa
    replied
    Anyone knows how to solve the black screen problem on Bastion game with ATI oss drivers?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X