Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfire Overgrowth Game Makes Its Linux Debut

Phoronix: Wolfire Overgrowth Game Makes Its Linux Debut

The native Linux support for the Wolfire Overgrowth game has finally arrived...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Best Indie Engine evah!

The Phoenix (not Phoronix) Engine from Wolfire Games is absolutely AMAZING!
    They should think about licensing it, I'm sure some competition for UNigine (used by the UN) would be good for everyone (and especially Linux)!
    I mean, just look at the blood. Not even so-called AAA Games have it so real and dynamic looking!

PS: First! (Do people still say this?)

Comment

What's this game about?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        What's this game about?
        Right now it's about nothing since they're still in the engine and feature building phase, but it's a fighting/brawling game featuring anthropomorphic animals. It also has some gorgeous physics.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          What's this game about?
          It's about a ninja rabbit running around and kicking butt Tekken-style.

The predecessor (Lugaru HD) was fun after you got the hang of the controls, and if they manage to take some of the repetitiveness out, it will be a really fun game.

Comment

Lugaru was basically the only fighting game to truly work with a keyboard rather than a console controller. It is nice to see the Linux port is now available.

Comment

only 2 years after I pre-purchased it . The engine is fantastic, tough.

Comment

awesome game all i have to say

Comment

Working...
                X