Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qaridarium
    if HON isn't a AAA game then Counterstrike is also not a AAA game LOL
    Counterstrike is just a mod that Valve bought and then sold.

ETQW isn't a AAA game anymore compared to HON because HON do have many more "players"
    The amount of players has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with cost. Runescape routinely has 150,000 online players, does that mean Runescape is a higher quality game than HoN or ETQW or Modern Warfare 83: Jello Wrestling Prostitutes in Canada?

Comment

Q, you have the weirdest defniition of a AAA game I've ever seen

or do you call Pong not a AAA game?
      No, pong is NOT a AAA game. I don't think I've ever heard anyone claim otherwise, until just now.

AAA status is determined mostly by the hype the game precipitates among the public. That's often directly connected to the size of a game's marketing budget, although not always.

Comment

LOL and a MOD can not be a AAA game? LOL Counterstrike is one of the greatest games in computer history and you don't call it a AAA game.
        Because it's not a AAA game. CS:GO is a AAA game, Counterstrike is just a mod.

just tell me why is runescape not a AAA game if it is so popular?
        It's all about the budget, Q. Eventually this will sink in. Then again you'll probably just go on another tangential rant about quality guaranteeing more amusement.

you can finish "crisis" in 5 hours because its only a graphic demo you can play every single game of these kind of games for years: "counterstrike,arma2,HON,Tremulous,baldursgate 2 "
        None of those games are AAA games.

Comment

you can finish "crisis" in 5 hours because its only a graphic demo
          And yet it's a AAA title.

Comment

If the target isn't reached, i would hope they would refund all the donations collected. Otherwise, they would be scum of the earth if they kept the money.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeBooteR69 View Post
              If the target isn't reached, i would hope they would refund all the donations collected. Otherwise, they would be scum of the earth if they kept the money.

Comment

a mod is a game right? isn't it? it just doesn't matter mod or standalone game because Counterstrike was selled as stand alone game to!
                Nope, mods are mods.

not really the budget of counterstrike was: ZERO ? and the impact in the puplic was epic?
                Yeah, really.

l"Seit der Ver?ffentlichung von Version 1.0 am 8. November 2000 war Counter-Strike ?ber zehn Jahre lang eines der popul?rsten und meistgespielten Online-Actionspiele und das meistgespielte Spiel im E-Sport. "
                and translated to english: "Since the release of version 1.0 on 8 November 2000, Counter-Strike for over ten years, one of the most popular and most played online action games and the most played game in e-sports."
                Farmville has more players.

LOL.... this prove it you life in another universe.
                Your breath stinks, try a breath mint.

it was the most popular online game from year 2000-2010

and if the most popular game is not a AAA game then then the earth isn't real at all.
                Farmville is more popular. By your logic Farmville is a AAA game.

Comment

All this infighting is irrelevant now, as the game has been funded! Congrats to the Linux community for financially supporting such an awesome project. I can't wait to play it!

Comment

pong was a AAA game back in 1972 and the wikipedia article prof this.

maybe pong isn't a AAA game today "2012" but its the same with ETQW in a 2012 point of view ETQW isn't a AAA game.
                    AAA games didn't exist back in 1972. The entire games industry barely existed.

Maybe the definition of what was a big game back then was different, but that doesn't matter. We're all using today's accepted definition, not whatever was happening 100 years ago or in the alternate universe Q's brain comes from.

Practically every Flash based game in existence today would be a AAA game according to your warped perspective. They all get way more than 100,000 users or whatever you are going on about.

Comment

Come on guys.
                      Only 20 hours left for the Linux port and only 40k to go.
                      Already raised my pledge to 150.
                      Please show your support.
                      Finally a DRM-free game for linux thats not a mmorpg or first-person shooter

Last edited by MastaG; 06 June 2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X