Linux Gamers Are Going Crazy For This New Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybroomhandle View Post

@RealNC - In theory your complaint is valid, but similarly, what if you are the only Linux person contributing, and the remaining extra $200000 is all made up by Mac and Windows donators, then they'd effectively be paying for your Linux port.
    +1000

and is why kickstarter is a bargain.

you get the game for half the price and also get windows and mac users to push for the linux stretch-goal.

and the publicity linux is getting is huge, which gets more users and developers on board.

when you reach developers/projects early, anything is possible.

We are actually getting Windows users (many may had ever even heard of linux till now) work for us here. The way it should be !

this is what i call crowd-sourcing
    Last edited by madjr; 25 May 2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mewtwo View Post
      Misapplied Aesop there.

I know what you are getting at, but since I keep Windows around for games, I am not denied any of the over-hyped dreck I mention. It's merely a fact.
      Last edited by rustybroomhandle; 25 May 2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        Heroes of Newearth is also a AAA game.. i like it very much and i play it all the day!

but HON is also 2 years old now..
        HoN is not a AAA game.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          HoN is not a AAA game.
          You meant to say that "HoN was not an AAA game when it appeared". Because it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            You meant to say that "HoN was not an AAA game when it appeared". Because it is now.
            Because Q says it is?

Comment

Funny the sentence "I haven't heard about this title previously until yesterday I began to be carpet-bombed with emails talking about this game possibly coming to Linux."

I said it here and here and that's like 11 and 8 days ago.

Weird.... oh and Michael *did* reply to me the second time...

Comment

Very old game from the 90's. It was fun though in network clubs at the time.

It's simply a crash'em car derby over a city landscape. Lots of jumps(big crazy jumps), power-up, etc.
                Last edited by e8hffff; 25 May 2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

its awesome to play and its popular and the graphic is good.

in hon you do have more than 100 000 users online very day all the time.

its just one of the most played linux games thats a fact!
                  None of those make it a AAA game. Development and marketing budgets are what determine AAA status.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                    None of those make it a AAA game. Development and marketing budgets are what determine AAA status.
                    More or less. The term has no precise definition, but it is usually applied to games from big producers with big budgets. The press is probably the first to affix the status to a game and then everyone else refers to it as such. It has absolutely nothing to do with quality, player count or anything else, that much is certain.

Comment

well yes now its clear hon is a AAA game and ETQW is not.
                      So what if it is and so what if it isn't? If it makes you feel better, I can call it an AAAAA game. I haven't worked out what that means yet but it sounds pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                      X