• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asdx

Are you fucking kidding us EA?

WTF?

%%#&%#)(@*

That was my reaction to the Mass Effect 3 ending. I think EA has turned into a giant corporate troll. First they make a great game with an ass-tastic ending, now they do this.

Next thing we know, they'll be paying their employees to raid WoW, 4chan-style.

Comment

This is a huge step. The fact Linux/Ubuntu is appearing on powerpoint presentations within EA is a huge win. Don't kid yourself.

Comment

I absolutely abhor EA as a company, but I have no qualms with using them like a tool. To me, they're that big, old, stinky lawnmower in the shed -- you know the one; it's got grass perma-glued to every part of it, the blades are worn down, it's hard to get started and you choke on its fumes. But you can still use it to cut the grass for that cute girl down the street and use that as a chance to ask her out.

If EA opens the Linux gaming can of worms by drawing interest to the platform, that's fine. But they're still scum, I still hate them, and I hate what they've done to Bioware (i.e. they have totally ruined it). But EA only answers to the almighty dollar and nothing more -- they are greed incarnate, the ultimate manifestation of the infinite worship of wealth at all costs. If such an incredibly self-indulgent entity thinks there's money to be found on Linux, then you can use that as a pretty damn good indicator that we have enough people using our operating system that the tide is starting to turn against Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
          This is a huge step. The fact Linux/Ubuntu is appearing on powerpoint presentations within EA is a huge win. Don't kid yourself.
          It's a good point. No doubt most of us were underwhelmed upon hearing it but the fact they are paying any attention to Ubuntu is a great thing and this probably one way for them to, yes, "test the waters". I'll be installing them now..

Comment

Originally posted by leif81 View Post
            In other words, I agree with you, although I still don't like to have anything at all to do with EA, the greedy bastards. Still, this is a useful yardstick. Thanks for letting us know that we matter, EA. You sons of bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances is a browser-based MMO strategy game using Flash.
              Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances works perfectly fine without Flash.

Comment

What did you all expect? That they port some AAA game in this short time?

Maybe they just put some games in the software center, that are very unlikely to produce any problems to see whether the process works and how well it works before starting with serious work?

Comment

Don't support the greedy monster called EA. We all will be better off without their kind on our lawn. Additionally, I have a prior experience with Lord of Ultima, which is a poorly balanced, pathetically implemented, unstable online strategy (the server side is written in .NET, can you believe that?), whose only purpose is to leech your money through microtransactions and waste your time in the most literal sense of this word. For example, upgrading buildings takes exponentially long time - *real* time, mind you, - and the only way to speed it up is with *real* cash.

Comment

Fuck big game studios

Big games studios are using draconian DRM and supporting more invasive and idiotic copyright laws.

Support indie developers such as those from the Humble Indie Bundle, they're cross-platform, DRM-free, creative, and many of them end up getting open sourced.

Comment

After reading through this thread, I am definitely underwhelmed but also understand where the people playing devil's advocate are coming from. Still, if Valve is planning so much more, let EA jump on the bandwagon after they've seen Valve's success, as opposed to expecting any huge triumph from this somewhat poor effort.

Comment

Working...
                      X