I'm baaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm baaack!

One's personal life has many differing ways to screw with oneself. Now that my nasty divorce is over with I can...

1) Start showing my face again in terms of doing Linux game porting (She tried to make a go at all my "assets", including that...)
    2) And get back to being around here, etc.

Sorry for the silence guys... Lawyer's orders. ;-D

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the divorce. I was wondering where you were at. If Valve hasn't talked with you yet, fire me off an email since as of last week they were still interested in talking with you...
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the divorce. I was wondering where you were at. If Valve hasn't talked with you yet, fire me off an email since as of last week they were still interested in talking with you...
      Will do. :-D

Comment

Welcome back!

You should have listened to the master though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAgViJoTbc

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Welcome back!

You should have listened to the master though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAgViJoTbc
          Heh... Yeah, I should've... >:-D

Comment

@Svartalf

"Linux Game Publishing

Candy Cruncher (PowerPC)
            Candy Cruncher (Sparc)
            Gorky 17 (PowerPC)
            Majesty Gold - Only first box version of Majesty Gold (without DRM) (PowerPC)
            NingPo MahJong (PowerPC)
            Soul Ride (PowerPC)
            Soul Ride (Sparc)
            Soul Ride (Alpha)"

Do you know others lgp games ported to Linux PPC, Sparc and Alpha?

Comment

So what?

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
              @Svartalf

"Linux Game Publishing

Candy Cruncher (PowerPC)
              Candy Cruncher (Sparc)
              Gorky 17 (PowerPC)
              Majesty Gold - Only first box version of Majesty Gold (without DRM) (PowerPC)
              NingPo MahJong (PowerPC)
              Soul Ride (PowerPC)
              Soul Ride (Sparc)
              Soul Ride (Alpha)"

Do you know others lgp games ported to Linux PPC, Sparc and Alpha?
              Why all the interest, if I may ask?

PS: I'm also back!
              You know, the one who found the Ubisoft Xen VGA passthrough video!
              All right, I just fought you had forgotten already...

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
                Why all the interest, if I may ask?
                I have some LGP games and I plan to buy old computers with PPC, Sparc and Alpha processor.

LGP have interesting technology:

"LG: How will an evolution of the kernel be dealt with when it comes to the games?

Michael Simms: When we build games, we build using a completely compartmentalised environment, where the machine we are building on does not matter. We can actually build games for PPC computers on a standard PC, or a sparc, or an alpha. This closed environment has been very carefully selected over a number of years to be neutral to as many aspects of the kernel, the libraries, and everything, as possible. We do not see the kernel changes being an issue

LG: So it is possible that you could publish games for more than one platform?

Michael Simms: In theory yes, but I, and all of my staff, are linux people at heart. We have no interest in porting games to the mac, or to anything else, and so we dont. Saying that, our latest release, Soul Ride, works on x86, ppc, alpha, and sparc Linux."

Last edited by gbudny; 28 May 2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X