Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    @gbudny

You can run Rage very well with wine because OpenGL is used, you have got basically no performance penalty. At least using nvidia it works pretty well. Wine works on mac as well, you can even buy crossover for mac for ui users. So this might work as well there...
    I don't use Wine and I don't want support Windows game development. Of course I often use Mac OS X, but I don't plan to buy Rage for Mac OS X, because I like play only in games for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      ..and it was said in these forums many times that the linux Live client was really buggy compared to the other platforms.
      John Carmack said the Linux client was better than the Mac client but the Mac client had 20% more users. His word trumps anything said on the phoronix forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        @Svartalf

Q3 is now also known as QuakeLive and a am sure ID has got detailed statistics how many Linux users play it. Why should they rely on years old retail sales?
        Heh... It's not the sales figures, but the fact that they got burned to the tune of at least a quarter of a million over it. If the figures are correct (and we're less than the MacOS users though significant...), then that little fiasco's still costing us things.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          ..and it was said in these forums many times that the linux Live client was really buggy compared to the other platforms.
          Is it because it was buggy, or because of issues with GPU drivers?

Comment

Maybe a lot of people are like me and just don't find the whole Quake 3/Live super fast shooter style enjoyable. If id would've gone through with their idea of making a Wolfenstein Enemy Territory:Live, I'd probably play that almost daily and using Linux.

In my opinion Wolf:ET >> Quake 3, but again, just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
            X