List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Update 8
    Mac and Linux versions are planned, but still TBC.

Comment

Carmageddon Reincarnation just got confirmed!
      Wh00t-Wh00t!!!

There'll be a DRM-free copy of the game featuring fulll single player and lan-multiplayer.
      And it'll also come in Linux/Mac flavour.

However for online multiplayer we'll have to use Steam but that's also announced for Linux right?:P

See: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...arnation/posts

Comment

Hmm, Zombie Playground has a Linux version at the 1 million mark which seems... unlikely with out a very very large push coming in from somewhere.

Damn but it has some excellent concept art though.

Comment

Xenonauts

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          this games shows like the opensource game: UFO:alien invasion.
          Just played both and they do have the same inspiration (XCOM), but take very different directions. UFI:AI seems to favor the eye candy and has a new UI, while Xenonauts is sticking closer to the original XCOM and refining/polishing it. Personally I think the Xenonauts demo was more enjoyable than the latest UFO:AI release. Xenonauts has also taken Linux support out of the stretch goals and is working on having Mac and Linux demos up in a few weeks. It looks to be using Winelib rather than a native port, but it played fairly well in Wine as is.

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
            Hmm, Zombie Playground has a Linux version at the 1 million mark which seems... unlikely with out a very very large push coming in from somewhere.

Damn but it has some excellent concept art though.
            I don't mean to discourage anyone, but to me it seems a bit rude to announce Linux support at over 10x their funding goal when they will be providing both PC and Mac OSX from the very start.

The game does seem to have some big names behind it though, it's a pity it's not getting a lot of attention. I get the feeling that the sheer amount of kickstarter old school gaming revivals are starting to dilute the pledges and there's a bit of "kickstarter fatigue" happening for pledgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamikaze View Post
              I don't mean to discourage anyone, but to me it seems a bit rude to announce Linux support at over 10x their funding goal when they will be providing both PC and Mac OSX from the very start.
              Indeed, however I sent them a message about it and from their response (as well as their latest update) they are looking into putting Linux into a lower tier. I'm hoping either the 100k or at most the 250k

Comment

Yeah, especially since Two Guys SpaceVenture announced Linux (and Android!) at launch. To be fair, it is in the style of classic Sierra adventure games, which probably translates well to many different platforms, and ZPG is an online 3d rpg.

Though, if I want a great zombie game I can play with others, I'll wait for L4D2 on Linux. If I want a cartoony style, I'd rather be an idiot in space, like in SpaceVenture, and like I was whan I was kid playing Roger Wilco in SQ.

BTW! Exciting news there, SpaceVenture has way passed the 50% mark, and is at ~$275K, so it's a great time to jump on and keep the momentum going. The way it's trending, it looks like it will just barely make it, but it will be a fight to the end, and it needs pretty much every Linux game fan it can get interested!!

That's no trouble, though; us Linux geeks are used to fighting to the end

Comment

Originally posted by pcj_ View Post
                  Definitely looking forward to this one. Space Quest is awesome.
                  Yeah, it was looking rough for a while, but is now up to $275K with a bit under 2 weeks to go... any Linux game fans who like adventure games and sci-fi satire need to jump on board ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/comments )

Comment

SpaceVenture just made $300K!! Tiers have been enhanced again, and there should be a new playable concept art (prototype 3) in a couple of days... exciting times for Linux adventure gaming.

Comment

Well it doesn't really matter. It is not likely to succeed unless something drastic happens (and so far, none of the updates has made much of a dent in the progress)
                      Remember the Space Quest series from Sierra's duo the Two Guys From Andromeda? Well they are back & making a brand new SpaceVenture™!

Looks like its gonna be short 100k, which is quite significant.

Comment

Working...
                      X