No announcement yet.

List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light table is also a linux friendly kickstarter project.

it's a very innovative IDE with interesting new concepts. On vimeo is a prototype demo. It's currently at $188k , and still 25 days to go, with a goal of $200k. They work on initial support for JavaScript and Clojure. If they reach at least $300k there should be also support for Python. The core of the IDE will be probably open sourced at it's release date.

yes I know there are already quite many IDE's available on Linux, but this IDE looks like it has much potential with its concepts.
    Last edited by Fenrin; 07 May 2012, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post

it's a very innovative IDE with interesting new concepts. On vimeo is a prototype demo. It's currently at $188k , and still 25 days to go, with a goal of $200k. They work on initial support for JavaScript and Clojure. If they reach at least $300k there should be also support for Python. The core of the IDE will be probably open sourced at it's release date.

yes I know there are already quite many IDE's available on Linux, but this IDE looks like it has much potential with its concepts.
      Altough I have seen the concept before, all that I have to say is...
      *NERDGASM*.

Anyway this thread is focused in games. But I just love the concep of working in Clojure and JavaScript that way. I hope the project reach $300k so it support python too.

OMG it'll support plugins too.

Comment

Originally posted by bachinchi View Post
        Altough I have seen the concept before, all that I have to say is...
        *NERDGASM*
        Too often do people show up CONVINCED that they way we're all working is inefficient and needs to change- I code in JS, PHP out of aa text editor and I'm perfectly productive. What I see and need to see is code- anything else is eyecandy and thus a distraction.

While a cool concept, its pretty conceited to tell the professionals out there that how they're doing things isn't quite optimal. Engineering management teams often makes this mistake- at cost COST of productivity, ironically.

That being said, I'm sure some people (whether they're devs or not is another thing) will find the final product useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post

I expect this project release the core like Intellij developers does.It's not the better thing (the correct is release ALL project using a Open Source license even if we pay much more) ,but it's better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by kazetsukai View Post
            I code in JS, PHP out of aa text editor and I'm perfectly productive. What I see and need to see is code- anything else is eyecandy and thus a distraction.
            Likewise people once felt the same way about VI until someone introduced the style of text editor you prefer.

Comment

Moebius

Jane Jensen's at Pinkerton Road Studio just posted an update to Moebius's FAQ for Linux:
              If we get at least $400K there will be a Linux version.
              Considering where they are at the moment ($320k,and planning a new round of interviews), that should be easily attained.

For those that don't know, Jane Jensen is Gabriel Knight's series director, among with other games she participated at Sierra with her husband (also on the project). While at the beginning the Kickstarted didn't offer much information, the multiple updates turned it quite good.

I'm still waiting for confirmation about the other games they'll published, since once the engine has been ported to Linux for the first there shouldn't be much trouble (pledges at $50 and above also get a second yet to be disclosed game in addition to Moebius).
              Last edited by miles; 09 May 2012, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Just got a reply from Jane that there's no garanty for the second game, since it will be publisher-funded and it will be up to the publisher to chose the platform (hopefully it won't be Actiblizzard...).
                So keep that in mind, but at least Moebius, the game funded through the Kickstarter, will be released on Linux when the Kickstater reaches $400K.
                Hopefully they keep using community funding for their future titles.

Comment

Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                  Porting takes time, effort, and money.
                  Have you ever done porting?

Comment

Another one: Two Guys SpaceVenture - by the creators of Space Quest. A new space adventure with Linux support from day 0.

Comment

Just signed up to let people know that the Xenonauts kickstarter has taken Linux out of the targets and is doing a self funded port with a partner instead.
                      This way they can guarantee its inclusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X