List of Linux friendly Kickstarter projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by susikala View Post
    Do you guys know of any Linux only (or Linux and Windows, but no iEvil port) games? I wouldn't like to pledge money for something that includes a platform I'm against, so if there are any Linux only or evilfree games, I'd really like to support them.
    That's a rather stupid plan.
    There's a ton of Linux-supporting games, but you'd be hard-pressed to find Linux-only games.
    Fleetcom: Operation Vigrior is very supportive of Linux, and they need some funding on Kickstarter.

Comment

Hey guys,
      Over on the Ubuntu forums we've been doing a similar thing with regards to compiling a list of Linux Kickstarter games. Maybe we work together on this.

In any event can the list it here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1945254

Comment

We alreacy can work together, there is nice place for that: http://steamlinux.flibitijibibo.com/...d-funded_Games

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
          Do you guys know of any Linux only (or Linux and Windows, but no iEvil port) games? I wouldn't like to pledge money for something that includes a platform I'm against, so if there are any Linux only or evilfree games, I'd really like to support them.
          Despite what another comment said, this is a good question.

http://www.avaneya.com is GNU/Linux only, though since it is FOSS anyone can make a windows port. The guy has released some *very* interesting tools already. They let you convert Mars image data to viewable png! He's planning to use this in game. I for one am *very* excited.

Comment

It's time to fund entirely opensource projects (engine GPL, content Creative Commons) even if we pay much more for this.

Comment

Originally posted by lapis View Post
              It's time to fund entirely opensource projects (engine GPL, content Creative Commons) even if we pay much more for this.
              You took the words from my mouth.
              Not just only games.
              I need some more convenient way to fund other Open source projects. Even for things like "implementing that feature X in software Y" which everyone wants, but noone seems to do it. Perhaps something like a single window mode in Gimp?

Comment

Originally posted by Micket View Post
                You took the words from my mouth.
                Not just only games.
                I need some more convenient way to fund other Open source projects. Even for things like "implementing that feature X in software Y" which everyone wants, but noone seems to do it. Perhaps something like a single window mode in Gimp?

AAA games takes a lot of money (hundreds of millions ,GTA for example) and never give back nothing .Funding opensource projects is a lot more efficient use of money.

Comment

Originally posted by lapis View Post
                  try the Liberated Pixel Cup.

ubuntuvibes.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ubuntuvibes.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

also, Overdose is a rare high quality open source game, but hasnt seen much support yet.

Crowdfund innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream and support entrepreneurs that are working to bring their dreams to life.
                  Last edited by madjr; 01 May 2012, 12:12 PM.

Comment

cool to see Nekro made it.

and surprisingly their engine is Shiva3d.

which has long supported linux, but rarely gets any mentions on phoronix.

from the sound of it might be just as good alternative to unity in many areas.
                    Last edited by madjr; 01 May 2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
                      try the Liberated Pixel Cup.

ubuntuvibes.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ubuntuvibes.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

also, Overdose is a rare high quality open source game, but hasnt seen much support yet.

http://www.indiegogo.com/overdose
                      Interesting overdose needs more attention from free opensource community because it's a lot better than pay for linux support on proprietary games.

Yes,but the pixel cup is competition.It's not a game produced by good developers and released entirely using GPL and Creative commons using kickstarter.

Comment

Working...
                      X