Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhansonxi View Post
    Another one. Unity3D engine:

This is by David Crane, co-founder of Activision.
    I'm all for this game being made but I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if they manage to meet their lofty goal of $900,000, or even come anywhere near it. I know David Crane has some name recognition but that goal is really really far out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
      I'm all for this game being made but I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if they manage to meet their lofty goal of $900,000, or even come anywhere near it. I know David Crane has some name recognition but that goal is really really far out there.
      It does seem a bit high but if they support cross-platform and multiplayer it's not too unrealistic.

I thought platformers were obsolete until I played Trine.

Comment

It does seem a bit high but if they support cross-platform and multiplayer it's not too unrealistic.
        Considering they're about 25% of the way through their Kickstarter campaign time wise and they haven't even reached 2% of their funding goal I'm going to go ahead and say their goal is unrealistic.

Comment

• The nice part about kickstarter is that you lose nothing to simply try to fund something even if it fails. So, there is no reason to back away from a project that seems to be failing, but just donate and hope it gets going.
          If nothing else, it gives them an indication of how many would be willing to buy the game.

(I've already put in $400 into Kickstarter, yikes)
          Last edited by Micket; 20 August 2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I thought platformers were obsolete until I played Trine.
            Have you played oryginal Pitfall (Atari 2600 AFAIK)? IMHO it was mediocre, even for 80's. Trine (and sequel) is different, it is a revolution in physics and graphics. $900 000 for Pitfall remake... seems like a joke

Comment

• Chalk up another beloved classic adventure game series revival for the penguin. Broken Sword - The Serpent's Curse just started up their Kickstarter campaign and in their FAQ it states that they will support Linux. They're already over 67k in less than a day of the 400k they're aiming for so this should easily make funding and then some.

Comment

• Arakion will have Linux support at launch.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
                  Have you played oryginal Pitfall (Atari 2600 AFAIK)? IMHO it was mediocre, even for 80's. Trine (and sequel) is different, it is a revolution in physics and graphics. $900 000 for Pitfall remake... seems like a joke
                  At that time people expected a game of that style (platformer, as it came to be known) to have 3 whole screens in a liner world (or a random one). 4 screens was really something to brag about. Pitfall! had 256. The above and below ground paths intersecting in various places effectively created a world that was not limited to 2D linear space. The game provided a limited number of lives and a time limit in which to explore this world. One could not just keep playing indefinitely using continues, saves, or retry points like most modern games (that SUCK). Only dedicated players could achieve the true distinction of actually completing this game. In some ways, Pitfall! is superior to many modern platformers. My only complaint about it, is having multiple lives. David Crane should have gone with his original plan and made it a 1-life game.

Comment

• Obsidian is back: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-eternity

Buck: What platforms are you targeting for Project Eternity and when do you anticipate releasing it? When the game is finished, what are your plans for distributing it and supporting it over the long-term?
                    Feargus: First and foremost it is going to made on and for the PC (Windows). Our hope is to add Mac and Linux versions as we get farther along with the technology and based upon the success of the Kickstarter campaign.
                    @gamebanshee

Comment

• Originally posted by Licaon View Post
                      Real-time with pause combat, generic fantasy setting, women with shirts on... Oh it's Dragon Age with good writing and lore.

Comment

Working...
                      X