X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... wow. That's great!

Comment

Originally posted by KameZero View Post
      Clang (has Linux/Mac support as an 800k stretch goal)
      A stretch goal for a Linux version with Unity 4? Oh HORSEshit! That's just money-grubbing greedy fucktardery. Making a Linux version is as easy as clicking a button that says "I want to build a Linux binary".

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
        A stretch goal for a Linux version with Unity 4?
        They probably need to get Razer Hydra working under OS X and Linux, but I not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Larian View Post
          A stretch goal for a Linux version with Unity 4? Oh HORSEshit! That's just money-grubbing greedy fucktardery. Making a Linux version is as easy as clicking a button that says "I want to build a Linux binary".
          It's actually not, especially since they'll be making libraries and tools specifically for this game that are not part of unity. And those have to be ported.

Comment

Two new projects have popped up, both extremely promising; Quest for Infamy and Jack Houston and the Necronauts.

Both are point-and-click 2D adventure games, both have a twist (more than one, actually!), and both will use the the open-source Adventure Game Studio. For those who've personally had porting experience with AGS, you'll know that all the difficult parts are complete (graphics rendering, control, proper file-system open/load access of game asset files, etc). Both of these projects will go through all the necessary gyrations to ensure a good gameplay experience, proper packaging, POSIX save game path names, etc (I've verified this with both developers personally). So, here's the pitch...

Quest for Infamy

Remember playing and enjoying Sierra's Quest for Glory series? Or, if not, are you a fan of point-and-click adventure games, but felt a bit restricted and wished they would include a touch of an RPG twist? This game delivers that in spades, as a loving tribute to the QFG series, along with three character-class based "braided" storylines (that is, the puzzles branch based on class, but probably merge based on the overarching plot). There is a light combat system, and all of the classic adventure gaming elements. In addition to the RPG twist, and this is my favorite part, they've turned the QFG morality play on it's head, and turned the player character into a villain! Yeah, you play the badass on a quest for power and money, something I've always wanted to do in QFG

Jack Houston and the Necronauts

This "fantastic adventures/amazing stories" homage to the style of Edgar Rice Burroughs' Venus series is a pulp sci-fi inspired adventure game where you portray Captain Jack Houston Jack?s journey on our neighboring planet of Venus. But this isn?t the lifeless planet we know today, this Venus is a sweltering vine jungle teaming with strange beasts of horn, tooth and claws, as imagined by science fiction authors and artists in the first half of the century (the legacies of whom include John Carter of Mars, Carson of Venus, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, etc). The backgrounds & animated sprites are going to be based on real stop-motion animation footage. This technique is pretty expensive, though, and so the project needs at least $56K, which I'm a bit worried about him raising. However, he's put together a hell of a pitch video, which is definitely worth a peek, and the reward tiers look fantastic.

Comment

Shadowrun Online will be linux compatible too, if it gets funded:
              Shadowrun Online

Project Giana is also a interesting game, but unfortunately not so Linux friendly

Comment

Expeditions: Conquistador plans to support the penguin. It's a historical, tactical, turn-based RPG. I am a sucker for historical stuff and I think the gameplay videos look quite good. Right now it's not looking too good for them to make the funding goal, but there is tons of time left for this project and hopefully they get funded.

Comment

Another one. Unity3D engine:

This is by David Crane, co-founder of Activision.

Comment

• Hi guys:

I found two projects this week:

Evilot is a puzzle / defense game.

Linux will probably be the best platform to play the game
                    told me a developer in a private message. 19 days to go and they still need more than $5,000.

The Other Brothers is is an episodic platformer.

With today's technology we are able to bring back that classic 16-bit aesthetic and combine it with modern mechanics, physics and game play to bring you a platforming experience like no other!
                    It will support Linux, but the guys need to acquire Unity 4 licenses for that. 10 days to go, but they still need more than $30,000.

I pledge to both. Seems difficult, but I hope they get the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X