Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Bundle Android 2 Ends At $682k USD

Phoronix: Humble Bundle Android 2 Ends At $682k USD

The latest Humble Indie Bundle for Android, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X gamers has now ended...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fatigue?

I wonder if people are getting fatigue from these bundles? It is noticeable that this bundle brought in less than the comparable previous bundle.

That said I did find one person today who had never heard of them, and he bought with just 32 minutes left on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by grotgrot View Post
      I wonder if people are getting fatigue from these bundles? It is noticeable that this bundle brought in less than the comparable previous bundle.

That said I did find one person today who had never heard of them, and he bought with just 32 minutes left on the clock.
      I don't think so.. the problem is that they keep bringing back mostly old bundles and just add a few more games into it while removing some.. which results in people who would have already bought the game not really being incentivised to buy this new bundle

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        i don't buy this bundle because i wait for better games.

no i do not spend 1 cent or 1 dollar just to have a bundle with games i don't like,
        Same thing, this bundle was just not interesting.
        The old ones had games so good that for some of them I'd already paid full-price (like osmos and world of goo).

This one repeated games, and the only interesting game was the one you had to pay more than the current average to get, and I decided I wasn't interested enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          no i do not spend 1 cent or 1 dollar just to have a bundle with games i don't like,
          Whereas I pay $20+ each time to show the developers my support. :3

Though hm, thinking back I don't think I bought the Mojam bundle.

I hope I don't come across as "they're too big now so they're not indie", but in my eyes they have it well enough by far without my meager donations.

Comment

I too agree with Qaridarium and am doing the same thing. I haven't bought the last few bundles because there was at least 1 game where I was just like "meh, not impressed". I really wish I knew about the first 2 bundles when they were released because those seemed to have the best games. I got the frozenbyte bundle, which I sort of regret since Trine was being replaced by the significantly improved Trine 2, Shadowgrounds Survivor is pretty much just an updated Shadowgrounds (luckily both were different enough to be suitable as different games), Jack Claw was a horribly incomplete game (but would've been awesome if they finished it), and Splot is STILL not released yet.

Comment

Not only that, but there have been a lot of good Kickstarters/crowdsourcing for linux:

wasteland 2:

the banner saga (has a OS survey. Vote linux! ):

TAKEDOWN - tactical FPS (possible linux version on demand. Join their forums):

CraftStudio - collaborative game-making:
              Crowdfund innovations in tech and design before they go mainstream and support entrepreneurs that are working to bring their dreams to life.

faster than light (which just ended)
              Last edited by madjr; 03 April 2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Huh. Well, I paid my usual $25 for this one, and I've never paid less than $20 for any of them (except Frozenbyte, which I "returned" because I had no machines that could play those games... yes, I read Phoronix without being a video-card fetishist.) Or so I thought... I just went back through my email archive and I received no heads-up about either the Mojam or Voxatron bundles. I definitely would have been interested in the Mojam one had I heard of it before now, and

So, while I do think their declining numbers in this case might be that this was the second Android bundle that started before winter was over and they used up their big names on the first one, part of it might be that their email notifications don't go to everyone anymore. And maybe, just maybe, doing a bundle every month is getting them much less free press than when they were doing it once or twice a year. Oh yeah, and there are the copycats now too.

The price of success... ah well, when I hear about their bundles I'll still buy them. At least I know my OS is supported. (I'm looking at you, Indie Gala.)

Comment

If there is even one game I want I will support the indie bundles. I paid $20 just for Avadon. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Comment

ive bought all of them except for the first one. i pay like 7-10 dollars. i often dont even play them as i dont really have a gaming rig yet. i just figure illhave them when i want them to try out. i know some people think that paying less than 10$ or whatever is being a cheap ass. but look. half these bundles are have half their games as a beta or generaly incompleate state. and the other half of the bundles is half flash games. look, back in the day (like 2005 ish) flash was used just to make little free games on the internet. you dont sell a flash game. whilr smuggle truck is cool, its a flash game. its not really worth any money on its own.

the other major annoyance with hib is they keep releasing steam keys but have basically stopped doing desura. desura is linux freindly so it therefore is more awsome than steam.

Comment

Working...
                    X