Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WorBlux
    replied
    What does the read me say? Can anyone post it here?

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by albatorsk View Post
    However, I have some kind of mental barrier against playing games in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. It's just not the same. I know, I know, I should seek help :P
    You're not alone, I hate windowed gaming too.

Leave a comment:

• Znurre
    replied
    Thanks, that works!

However, I have some kind of mental barrier against playing games in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. It's just not the same. I know, I know, I should seek help :P
    Choose your max resolution in the launcher, then right click the window border (shortcut: Alt+F3, for when the border is hidden), Advanced, Check "No border" and "Keep Above Others".
    That should work around it while still providing a fullscreen solution
    Last edited by Znurre; 02 April 2012, 05:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• albatorsk
    replied
    Originally posted by Znurre View Post
    I had the same problem.
    For some reason, playing in windowed mode solves this problem for me, don't ask me why :P
    Give it a try and see if it works for you too.
    Thanks, that works!

Leave a comment:

• Znurre
    replied
    This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'll try anyway.

So, I just installed the linux client and tried to run it on my Kubuntu 11.10 64-bit. The "launcher" (the pop-up where you select resolution and such) works fine, but after I click "Start" the screen turns black for 1 second and then I'm back to the desktop.

If I try to start the game "by hand" (bypassing the launcher) the same thing happens, but I get an error in the terminal:
    Code:
    Assertion 'pa_atomic_load(&(b)->_ref) > 0' failed at pulsecore/memblock.c:590, function pa_memblock_unref(). Aborting.
    Aborted
    The only thing that tells me is that it has something to do with PulseAudio, but I have no idea what. Help?
    I had the same problem.
    For some reason, playing in windowed mode solves this problem for me, don't ask me why :P
    Give it a try and see if it works for you too.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied

So, I just installed the linux client and tried to run it on my Kubuntu 11.10 64-bit. The "launcher" (the pop-up where you select resolution and such) works fine, but after I click "Start" the screen turns black for 1 second and then I'm back to the desktop.

If I try to start the game "by hand" (bypassing the launcher) the same thing happens, but I get an error in the terminal:
    Code:
    Assertion 'pa_atomic_load(&(b)->_ref) > 0' failed at pulsecore/memblock.c:590, function pa_memblock_unref(). Aborting.
    Aborted
    The only thing that tells me is that it has something to do with PulseAudio, but I have no idea what. Help?
    What does memblock.c say at line 590?

Seriously now, you should ask FB directly. Maybe raise a bug, if they allow it.

Leave a comment:

• albatorsk
    replied

Code:
    Aborted

Leave a comment:

• Hamish Wilson
    replied
    The Humble Store has quite a history already of making people grab things before they are 100% ready.

Thank you for the information Joel.

Leave a comment:

• JoelFB
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    What about users who have got a steam copy already and want a linux one?
    You can email our support at http://www.frozenbyte.com/contact/ and we'll see. We won't make the Linux binaries available on the Steam distribution and the savegames might not be compatible (well they should be but transferring them can be a pain, it might work if transferred from the Steam Cloud user folder, i.e. userdata/xxxxx/37520/remote/slot1 and rename as slot1.fbs to ./frozenbyte/trine2/ in the user home dir).

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Assuming it works on 64bit Ubuntu, that is.
    Should work fine, I have Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit at home and it worked great. (We only have 32-bit binaries available but it should work ok.)

Originally posted by benmoran View Post
    JoelFB, will you release this on Desura? Trine 1 is on there, but nobody has answered any questions regarding Trine 2.
    Ah, yes we will release Trine 2 on Desura as well. We'll wait until the final release though, most likely, but in any case shouldn't take more than a few weeks I hope.

Leave a comment:

• benmoran
    replied
    JoelFB, will you release this on Desura? Trine 1 is on there, but nobody has answered any questions regarding Trine 2.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X