Trine 2 Linux Client Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully

they will tune up performance a little bit. even on lowest details the gameplay is not really smooth on my passive-cooled nvidia 9500gt (with proprietary drivers). i do not see a thing when trying to run in window-mode.

Comment

What's with the steam key? DRM on Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        What's with the steam key? DRM on Linux?
        There's no DRM at all in the version obtained from the Humble Bundle store.
        I am using the same installation on both my desktop and laptop, no CD key or activation of any kind.

Comment

This game is art! It worth?s every euro!

Comment

Originally posted by Znurre View Post
            There's no DRM at all in the version obtained from the Humble Bundle store.
            I am using the same installation on both my desktop and laptop, no CD key or activation of any kind.
            What do you mean Humble Bundle store? Trine 2 hasn't been in any Humble Bundle yet.

Comment

Originally posted by geamandura View Post
              What do you mean Humble Bundle store? Trine 2 hasn't been in any Humble Bundle yet.
              Yeah, what the?

Comment

Originally posted by geamandura View Post
                Well don't ask me.
                When you choose to buy it from their site you do so using the widget from the Humble Bundle store.

The whole transaction etc. goes through Humble Bundle and afterwards you get a link with a key, where you can download the game, from the usual Humble Bundle page (as can be seen from the screenshot earlier in this thread).

Comment

You buy it from that widget on trine2.com, you get an email with a link to https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=XXXXXX and there you can get it with a direct download or with a torrent (which has no access restrictions at all, you just need to know the url...)
                  Neither the installer nor the game itself need you to enter a key.

Comment

100% awesome, so Humble Bundle are expanding their business into some sort of GOG.com-like DRM free store.

Comment

Originally posted by Znurre View Post
                      Well don't ask me.
                      When you choose to buy it from their site you do so using the widget from the Humble Bundle store.

The whole transaction etc. goes through Humble Bundle and afterwards you get a link with a key, where you can download the game, from the usual Humble Bundle page (as can be seen from the screenshot earlier in this thread).
                      Again, what's with 'unlock it on steam'?
                      Of course, there's no steam for linux, so that may very well be a copy/paste from the windows version.

Comment

Working...
                      X