Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Ok, linux version here I come (as soon as I get some free time on my hands). I don't like having steam on my PC so this linux release is just what the doctor ordered. Assuming it works on 64bit Ubuntu, that is.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    What about users who have got a steam copy already and want a linux one?

Leave a comment:

• JoelFB
    replied
    Hi guys, Joel from Frozenbyte here, developers of Trine 2. We're still in "stealth" mode regarding the Linux release - so that's why there's not a lot of official information available etc. We made the current beta available to our Humble Store customers so we can gather technical feedback (thanks btw). We will announce the beta officially this week, and final release will probably take a couple of weeks.

The Steam references are only for the Windows version, of course. Linux does not use Steam, it's a DRM-free version naturally. The only downside is that multiplayer won't have as much players as Windows/Steam, but the Linux version will (eventually, after final release) be able to play against other DRM-free Mac and Windows versions (we'll release a DRM free Windows version at some point but not yet).

I hope this helps a bit. Thanks for supporting us in any case, and to those who buy the game I hope you enjoy it.

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by Znurre View Post
    Well don't ask me.
    When you choose to buy it from their site you do so using the widget from the Humble Bundle store.

The whole transaction etc. goes through Humble Bundle and afterwards you get a link with a key, where you can download the game, from the usual Humble Bundle page (as can be seen from the screenshot earlier in this thread).
    Again, what's with 'unlock it on steam'?
    Of course, there's no steam for linux, so that may very well be a copy/paste from the windows version.

Leave a comment:

• geamandura
    replied
    100% awesome, so Humble Bundle are expanding their business into some sort of GOG.com-like DRM free store.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    You buy it from that widget on trine2.com, you get an email with a link to https://www.humblebundle.com/s?key=XXXXXX and there you can get it with a direct download or with a torrent (which has no access restrictions at all, you just need to know the url...)
    Neither the installer nor the game itself need you to enter a key.

Leave a comment:

• Znurre
    replied
    Originally posted by geamandura View Post
    What do you mean Humble Bundle store? Trine 2 hasn't been in any Humble Bundle yet.
    Well don't ask me.
    When you choose to buy it from their site you do so using the widget from the Humble Bundle store.

The whole transaction etc. goes through Humble Bundle and afterwards you get a link with a key, where you can download the game, from the usual Humble Bundle page (as can be seen from the screenshot earlier in this thread).

Leave a comment:

• Kamikaze
    replied
    Originally posted by geamandura View Post
    What do you mean Humble Bundle store? Trine 2 hasn't been in any Humble Bundle yet.
    Yeah, what the?

Leave a comment:

• geamandura
    replied
    Originally posted by Znurre View Post
    There's no DRM at all in the version obtained from the Humble Bundle store.
    I am using the same installation on both my desktop and laptop, no CD key or activation of any kind.

Leave a comment:

• Khudsa
    replied
    This game is art! It worth?s every euro!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X