Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Message From Valve's Gabe Newell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://twitter.com/#!/michaellarabe...26890609688577
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • I wish you lots of fun on your trip to Seattle from April, 23rd until April, 27th, Michael. Surely you will be excited by the Seattle Asian Art Museum you're coming for

      Comment


      • Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        I wish you lots of fun on your trip to Seattle from April, 23rd until April, 27th, Michael. Surely you will be excited by the Seattle Asian Art Museum you're coming for
        Was ist das? Ich gehe f?r Alkoholfrei Bier Museum!!
        Michael Larabel
        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Was ist das? Ich gehe f?r Alkoholfrei Bier Museum!!
          "Was ist das? Ich gehe in dass Museum f?r alkoholfreies Bier!! "

          "alkoholfreies" is not a noun it describes how something is

          "Bier" is the noun because of this you write Bier big and alkoholfreies with a tiny letter.

          also in german you have to pin your supject "in DASS" means the target is bier museum.

          also you have to specify your target museum is the general target but "F?R" is the specify pin means its a museum for the alcohol free beer.

          and yes die Deutsche Sprache ist eine schwere Sprache! (German language is a hard language)
          Last edited by Qaridarium; 04-02-2012, 08:59 PM.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

          Comment


          • This thread is so odd, with demands of public news from Valve, and Mac hate.

            Comment


            • There's a few good reasons why Valve would have interest in Linux.

              They're probably not fans of the new consoles. The new consoles are basically PCs but with app stores. Those app stores are probably going to kill Steam, or at least attempt too. Microsoft will have games for the next generation Xbox that'll also be playable on PCs and tablets. Sony will stick with X86 to retain that compatibility, while Microsoft will probably go ARM.

              Now imagine yourself as Valve who has built this huge service called Steam. What Microsoft and Sony is doing is taking away this business from Valve. This is where the rumors of the Steam console comes in. Whatever the hardware they decide to use, they'll have to contend with an OS first.

              #1 They could use Windows and load up a Steam UI to take over. Though this will risk having users bypass this to download games off Microsoft's app store.
              #2 Working with Apple to create this Steam machine might work, but Apple wouldn't want to work with them. In fact, they'll want their games on their app store and forget about Steam.
              #3 Create a working version of Steam for Linux and try working around a lot of the existing graphical issues that exist. Most likely resulting in the creation of the Steam app, and possibly the Steam distro.

              Valve feels threaten by Microsoft and Sony as they want to take a piece of the pie.
              Last edited by Dukenukemx; 04-02-2012, 10:40 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                They're probably not fans of the new consoles. The new consoles are basically PCs but with app stores.
                Yea, the playstation 4 is going to be x86 based.. So Sony is going to be selling PCs with a bit of hardware DRM / TPM mixed in along with their own proprietary OS and Sony App store. The playstation 4 is going to be sold at a much cheaper price than what it costs Sony to manuf. the hardware so you'd get much more hardware for your dollar buying a PS4 than a regular PC. Sony plans to make up the difference by charging $60 for games + $15 for each DLC pack for the game, and in some cases there are half a dozen or more DLC packs... All of which will be dowloaded. The days of consoles are over. Of course, it looks like Sony will keep the platform locked down so you can only run Sony software.

                The PS4 CPU & GPU are being made by AMD.
                Last edited by Sidicas; 04-02-2012, 11:31 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
                  There's a few good reasons why Valve would have interest in Linux.

                  They're probably not fans of the new consoles. The new consoles are basically PCs but with app stores. Those app stores are probably going to kill Steam, or at least attempt too. Microsoft will have games for the next generation Xbox that'll also be playable on PCs and tablets. Sony will stick with X86 to retain that compatibility, while Microsoft will probably go ARM.

                  Now imagine yourself as Valve who has built this huge service called Steam. What Microsoft and Sony is doing is taking away this business from Valve. This is where the rumors of the Steam console comes in. Whatever the hardware they decide to use, they'll have to contend with an OS first.

                  #1 They could use Windows and load up a Steam UI to take over. Though this will risk having users bypass this to download games off Microsoft's app store.
                  #2 Working with Apple to create this Steam machine might work, but Apple wouldn't want to work with them. In fact, they'll want their games on their app store and forget about Steam.
                  #3 Create a working version of Steam for Linux and try working around a lot of the existing graphical issues that exist. Most likely resulting in the creation of the Steam app, and possibly the Steam distro.

                  Valve feels threaten by Microsoft and Sony as they want to take a piece of the pie.
                  you are so right... its all about fighting consoles from sony and microsoft and they don't have any chance if they don't go with linux. andorid is also possible but BUT andorid is even more worst for a company like valve.
                  Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    "Was ist das? Ich gehe in dass Museum f?r alkoholfreies Bier!! "

                    "alkoholfreies" is not a noun it describes how something is

                    "Bier" is the noun because of this you write Bier big and alkoholfreies with a tiny letter.

                    also in german you have to pin your supject "in DASS" means the target is bier museum.

                    also you have to specify your target museum is the general target but "F?R" is the specify pin means its a museum for the alcohol free beer.

                    and yes die Deutsche Sprache ist eine schwere Sprache! (German language is a hard language)
                    Danke.

                    Schei?e.... Haven't been practicing German Rosetta Stone learning in a few months / need new Bavarian Frau to finish learning proper German
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Danke.

                      Schei?e.... Haven't been practicing German Rosetta Stone learning in a few months / need new Bavarian Frau to finish learning proper German
                      "Schei?e! (i know English people start with the positive part but most Germans start with the negative part the german culture and language is "negative" if you can say something positive or negative then use the negative one. for example: english people say: Don't give a fuck -- this means give a fuck is "Good" germans don't use a word like fuck in the positive way example: das ist gar nicht mal schlecht schlecht=bad but this sentence is positive because if the germans say somthing positive they negative the bad. another example: kein schei? das ist wirklich so!)

                      Danke.... Haven't(ich habe) (**=schon ein paar monate)been practicing/(practising ?) (kein deutsch ge?bt/trainiert) German Rosetta Stone learning(Im Rosetta Stone Still) in a few months(**) / need new(Ich ben?tige eine) Bavarian Frau(Bayerische Frau) to finish (um mein k?nnen zu vervollst?ndigen.)learning proper German "

                      and what kind of training the woman give to you ? (was f?r eine art von ?bung lehrt dich die frau?)

                      i think its more the point that you have dirty imaginations about German sluts
                      (Ich denke du hast eher schmutzige gedanken ?ber Deutsche Schlampen.)


                      and yes even a fat (130kg) man like me gets a fuck from a Quality german slut after 3-4 hours of first chat on facebook and on the same day she comes to me and we fuck and she told me multible times that she isn't a slut LOL Thats germany!
                      (Und ja selbst ein Fetter 130kg schwerer mann wie ich bekommt ein fick von einer Qualit?ts Deutschen nach nur 3-4 stunden des schreibens auf facebook was den erstkontakt darstellte und noch am selben tag kam sie zu mir und wir fickten aber sie sagte mir mehrfach das sie keine schlampe sei LOL Das ist Deutschland!)
                      Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X