No announcement yet.

A Message From Valve's Gabe Newell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wrote a brief email to gabe newell ([email protected]) in which I asked him if he really contacted Phoronix and he responded with a simple "Yes."

Comment

• trolling?
      1st of april in some places still i think.

or they really get this ready for 14th april

Comment

• Guys, now there is four independent people who have e-mail's from Gabe with confirmation. Someone still doesn't believe?

Comment

• Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
          Guys, now there is four independent people who have e-mail's from Gabe with confirmation. Someone still doesn't believe?
          No, there are 4 independent ppl who have said they have emails from gabe, means jack shit really.
          Only thing we have that is proof is Valve saying they are not working on linux - NOTHING has been provided to counter this hard statement. The only way to counter a hard statement like this from Valve is another hard statement from Valve, not some random statements from random people on the internet AND even less from a "news site" who has a history of spinning hearsay

Also it is the 1st of April

As mentioned citable information from a Valve controlled domain really is the only way to confirm this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naib View Post
            As mentioned citable information from a Valve controlled domain really is the only way to confirm this.
            Screenshot may be fake, you will doesn't believe anyway.

If you doesn't believe in words you may be believe in logic:

By the way, it's maybe sound's funny, but I also have a source (one of pubslishers who work with Valve) who confirm to me for last two years "working on Steam for Linux is not cancelled and not stopped". Sure, doesn't believe in this my words is your right.

Comment

• I'll be out at the Valve offices in about three weeks. Hopefully will be permitted to do a brief video there with confirmation and other Linux details.
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                Screenshot may be fake, you will doesn't believe anyway.

If you doesn't believe in words you may be believe in logic:

By the way, it's maybe sound's funny, but I also have a source (one of pubslishers who work with Valve) who confirm to me for last two years "working on Steam for Linux is not cancelled and not stopped". Sure, doesn't believe in this my words is your right.

It is still just statements on the internet. No actual citable proof and thats the point. This is the difference between an educated guess/prediction and reporting news - what is being peddled here? you decide but history dictates
                We have been down this road before, 2years ago infact which was paved with Michael belittling ppl that didn't think STEAM/SOURCE was coming "this summer" THAT only stopped when Valve made a press statement stating

It was a beautiful dream, and someone even went to the trouble of pushing some decent proof, but for now at least Valve is denying any Linux version of Steam in the works. In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, when asked about the Linux Steam rumors, Valve marketing VP Doug Lombardi dropped the word: "There's no Linux version that we're working on right now." Of course, things can change, or Valve could be lying to our face in the interest of a good surprise, but for now we're going assume the worst for our freedom-loving brethren. What, are those penguin tears we see? Don't cry, Tux. Don't cry.

Valve denies having a Linux version of Steam in the works
                By Paul Miller posted Aug 23rd 2010 3:09PM
                This is citable and is viewable by anyone else. Saying "I have received and email confirming foo" isn't providing proof, it is making a statement, a statement that cannot be independently confirmed.
                It is because we have been down this road before, been belittled by Michael in the "news" articles written here for not believing him that it was coming "this summer" (that was 2years ago btw... oh look what didn't come...)

so put up or shut up.
                Last edited by Naib; 01 April 2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Naib View Post
                  so put up or shut up.
                  Send e-mail to Gabe and shut up, ok?

Comment

• I'm not the one making the claim. Its common practice for those making claims to back them up. An in-passing "I has email" is not proof, it is a statement

Comment

• Everyone who still doesn't believe. Be polite, be nice, don't be stupid and write a mail to Gabe.

It is a fucking sunday and he actually answered me with details.

Comment

Working...
                      X