Hurrican SDL Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by verik2kk View Post
    ok recompiled with some targets found on this thread and everything is perfect...smooth framerate.particle effects...but there are still these transparent lines in textures
    not something serious i can live with that.
    Ive heard of lines showing up previously but ive never seen it on my hardware. Is it on all sides or one side of the texture? Which render configuration did you end up with?

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
      Ive heard of lines showing up previously but ive never seen it on my hardware. Is it on all sides or one side of the texture? Which render configuration did you end up with?
      on first layer..cave floors walls and sealings for example...and these lines are transparent you can see backround layers like trees and stuff thru those...

ifeq ($(TARGET),linux)

EXE := ../hurricanlinux
      CCP := gcc
      CC := gcc
      LD := g++
      RM := rm -f

USE_EGL := no
      USE_GL2 := yes

DEFINES += -DLINUX -DUSE_GL2

INCLUDES_OS := -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/GL -I/usr/include/libmodplug

LDFLAGS := -g -lSDL -lGL -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lmodplug -lX11

endif

and this is what i used...

Comment

He's complaining about visual errors yet doesn't post a screenshot. *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          He's complaining about visual errors yet doesn't post a screenshot. *cough*
          I wasnt complaining just saying..and if you read carefully you might find part where i say "i can live with that"
          And another thing is that i dont how how to take screenshots of fullscreen apps under linux.
          I have been on linux like month or so and i dont know everything about linux right off the bat.
          It takes time to learn everything.

Comment

Hi all
            I Compile the game and works very well.

Can I change or resize the display screen so that it is in full screen
            without those black bars left and right?

Comment

Originally posted by FRez View Post
              Hi all
              Can I change or resize the display screen so that it is in full screen
              without those black bars left and right?
              The game is really harcoded to 640x480. The best im going to be able to support is stretching the screen to fill, but that is going to look bad.

I finally ported the game to a device that had the texture line problem that occurred for others. I have fixed it for this device and I hope to test the other devices and this will be fixed across the board. (change isnt checked in yet, but maybe soon)

Comment

Pixel offset

In some textures it looks like an offset of one pixel. In the following image the right wall is missing one pixel line and for that you will have pixel lines that look like some kind of a liana on the left hand side of the walls.

For me there is no difference between EGL or GL2 on a GTX 560 Ti with Nvidia driver version 343.22

Comment

Originally posted by Naquatis View Post
                  In some textures it looks like an offset of one pixel. In the following image the right wall is missing one pixel line and for that you will have pixel lines that look like some kind of a liana on the left hand side of the walls.

For me there is no difference between EGL or GL2 on a GTX 560 Ti with Nvidia driver version 343.22
                  I have a fix that i just havnt put in the source control. The texcoords are rounding wrong for some hardware.

Comment

Fix

I have a fix that i just havnt put in the source control. The texcoords are rounding wrong for some hardware.
                    That sounds great! Is it possible to give us a hint where we need to edit the sourcecode to alter the rounding of the texture coordinates? Or maybe a patch to do that?

Comment

Texture rounding

I tried to get a little bit deeper into this texture thing.
                      I searched after round in the SDLPort directory with:

Code:
                      grep -r -i round ./
                      The only file that contains a round in there is texture.cpp in the following function:

Code:
                      int nextPowerOfTwo(int x)
                      {
                          double logbase2 = log(x) / log(2);
                          return (int)round(pow(2,ceil(logbase2)));
                      }
                      If this function get a value e.g. 198 it will calculate the next power by two value. In this case 256.
                      Using round() is not needed because ceil() already raise the value to the next integer without anything after the decimal point.

So even if you remove round() you will end up with the same result.

Maybe I took rounding to much by the word.

Next I will create a diff over the src directory to get an idea of what was changed in here.

Comment

Working...
                      X